cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

SelectedRowsChanged issue

iguerra
14-Alexandrite

SelectedRowsChanged issue

The SelectedRowsChanged event is launched even if the selected row is not changed from a grid, but just after a refresh of the service returning the data.

This is what happen (note thantI switched from TWX 8.2 to 8.5):

I have a mashup with a service returning an infotable.

I put this data into a grid, and here it is possible to select a row

I also have a refresh widget that calls every 30 seconds the service, just to to update values

Now I select a row, and correctly SelectedRowsChanged  is launched.

After some time when the refresh widget triggers and launch the service, I also get the SelectedRowsChanged event, even if I didn't changed it from the grid.

It happen with both classic grid and also grid advanced.

With TWX 8.2 this was not happening. 

Can this be fixed without doing other tricks ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
iguerra
14-Alexandrite
(To:Constantine)

hello Constantine

it would be even more simple, with just an EXPRESSION with a single input "InValue" linked to a field of the SelectedRow, and the expression code  will be just "InValue;" (output will be a copy if the input), with autoevaluate=true

I use the "Changed" event of the EXPRESSION instead of the SelectedRowChanged event of the main service

This works, but it is a trick ...

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:iguerra)

If you haven't yet, try assigning a primary key to one of the fields (or combo of fields) of the datashape of the output.

This is just a stab in the dark to see if it might resolve your issue.

What it should accomplish is retention of selectedrow on a refresh.

iguerra
14-Alexandrite
(To:PaiChung)

There is already a Primary Key, so the PK does not fix the problem

Hello @iguerra,

Here's an example of how you can do it. The grid refreshes every 5 seconds, while the expression doSomethingOnRealSelectionChange fires only when the selection actually changes.

The approach I used here is to compare the old selected value with the new one, using an intermediate expression (oldValue) to create a logical delay between two actions. To make it work you'll need to have some unique key in your data, as @PaiChung suggests.

Obviously I don't imply that it's the right way to do it, but it might solve your issue while you're waiting for feedback from PTC R&D or Tech Support.

Regards,
Constantine

iguerra
14-Alexandrite

hello Constantine

it would be even more simple, with just an EXPRESSION with a single input "InValue" linked to a field of the SelectedRow, and the expression code  will be just "InValue;" (output will be a copy if the input), with autoevaluate=true

I use the "Changed" event of the EXPRESSION instead of the SelectedRowChanged event of the main service

This works, but it is a trick ...

Ah yes, you're right -- it has this "Data change" selector, so it won't fire every time, but only when the value changes. Didn't think about it early in the morning

/ Constantine

iguerra
14-Alexandrite

Yeah ...

Do you think I should wait a feedback from PTC R&D or Tech Support ?

Or should I open an official support ticket 

this strange behaviour of unwanted "changed" event happen also on Session variables: if a session var is updated the with the same value, I got the unwanded datachanged event ... I had to fix with the same Expression trick.

I thougth that the "internal method" for the datachange was set as "always" instead of "change" ... but it is strange, may be this is another bug...

Top Tags