cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Separate Server for Kepserver

Sri1
13-Aquamarine

Separate Server for Kepserver

Hi,

I had come across a project where a seperate server was allocated for Kepserver alone.

My queries:

1)Under what case  or architecture is this setup required.

2) Is it some sort of best practices.

3) And what should be the server configuration (cpu, RAM... etc) required here.

Regards

Sri1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nmilleson
17-Peridot
(To:Sri1)

@Sri1 

To answer your questions based on my experience with KepServer:

1. Kepserver is only a Windows program.  Often our customers prefer ThingWorx platform on Linux for various reasons.  Additionally, sometimes there are shop-floor network factors that affect where the kepware server needs to live (for instance, if a customer wants ThingWorx to live in the cloud but we have to access factory machines on-premise).

2.  I haven't seen any best practices regarding Kepserver living on the same server as ThingWorx

3. Kepserver requirements can be found here: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/help/-/media/8E5282554C5543248E92BA3B4A73972C.ashx

Hope that helps!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
nmilleson
17-Peridot

@Sri1 

To answer your questions based on my experience with KepServer:

1. Kepserver is only a Windows program.  Often our customers prefer ThingWorx platform on Linux for various reasons.  Additionally, sometimes there are shop-floor network factors that affect where the kepware server needs to live (for instance, if a customer wants ThingWorx to live in the cloud but we have to access factory machines on-premise).

2.  I haven't seen any best practices regarding Kepserver living on the same server as ThingWorx

3. Kepserver requirements can be found here: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/help/-/media/8E5282554C5543248E92BA3B4A73972C.ashx

Hope that helps!

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @Sri1.

If you are satisfied with the previous response, please mark it as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Thank you for your participation in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags