cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Sequence the rows of a grid by drag and drop thingworx

VaibhavShinde
16-Pearl

Sequence the rows of a grid by drag and drop thingworx

Hi,

I am looking to sequence the rows by dragging the entire row to another place.  How to make it in thingworx?

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

Hello @VaibhavShinde 

Can you please help me with more details here ?. If possible some screenshots may help in understanding your query.

Thanks

Om Dukiya

VS_9760165
12-Amethyst
(To:odukiya)

Hi, @odukiya 

Thanks for Reply, 

just i need to swap the rows in Grid. if i drag 1st row and dropped at 3rd so here interchange of row should happen.

thanks

odukiya
15-Moonstone
(To:VS_9760165)

Hello @VS_9760165 

I don't think this widget supports that OOTB

the unfortunate 'ugly' way is to take the 'edited table' or 'selected row(s)' feed that into the source service and return the data in the new order.

the advanced and much harder way would be to create a custom widget

Thanks

Om Dukiya

1. Create an extra column for grid data 
    1. fill the column with numbers in ascending order 
  2. Allow  multiple selection in grid
  3. Add a button in mashup 
  4. Write a service to exchange the numbers (extra column) of the selected row and sort based on number
    1. If the selected row is more than 2, show some error message
  5. Trigger the above service on button click
  6. Use Event router to bind the output of two different service as input to grid
  7. Since the grid/service is sorted based on numbers , row shift can be achieved 

Hi @Ashritha ,

what You think is.. , its Lengthy process to get the output , i dont know if below statement works as per my requirement. Please Give Feedback on this...

* Can i put HTML code while adding rows to Infotable ? so that i can get the Clickable  Link or button in Runtime Grid.

See as below...

result.AddRow({

valueColumn: myNumberalue,

htmlColumn: '<a href="http://google.com">' + myNumberValue + '</a>'

});

Thanks

Ashritha
13-Aquamarine
(To:VS_9760165)

Answer is yes. 

Another option will be the double click event with hidden link / navigation widget

Top Tags