cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

SetConfigurationTable does not set isConnected property

rmakhija
5-Regular Member

SetConfigurationTable does not set isConnected property

Hi,

We are using 'SetConfigurationTable' service to update the database configuration (connection url, username and password). After executing the service, I am able to see the updated values in "Configuration" tab, but it does not update the "isConnected" to true. And therefore we cannot invoke anything in the database.

The 'password' is set as string (non-encrypted), does this need to be encrypted before setting it? In that case, how to encrypt this value?

I also tried invoking "SaveConfigurationTables" and "RestartThing" services after "SetConfigurationTable", but that didn't make any difference. Please suggest a working solution.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rmakhija
5-Regular Member
(To:tmisner)

Hello, 

Thank you for the response.

Yes, the Thing is active. 

I was able to get it connected by providing an encrypted password and then restarting the thing.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello Roma,

Can you confirm if the Active checkbox is ticked on the General Information page of the entity? isConnected will always be false if the Thing is not enabled by ticking the Active checkbox.

Additionally the password value does not need to be encrypted when it is being set as far as I am aware.

rmakhija
5-Regular Member
(To:tmisner)

Hello, 

Thank you for the response.

Yes, the Thing is active. 

I was able to get it connected by providing an encrypted password and then restarting the thing.

Top Tags