cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Setting an Offline Message Directory for Subscribed Property Values

aagatston3
4-Participant

Setting an Offline Message Directory for Subscribed Property Values

I have recently been setting up an industrial gateway based method of connecting property values to Kepware tags. The system consists of two Things...

1.) IndustrialGateway Thing that is connected to the Kepware Server

2.) A RemoteThing which was created when binding a Kepware Tag from the Discover section on the IndustrialGateway Thing to a new Thing

I have confirmed that I am getting tag values in real time for my property values (hooray!). However, in Kepware, I am seeing the attached warning messages constantly.

I do not believe this has anything to do with configuration within Kepware. I believe this has to do with a missing piece in Thingworx related to where persisted values are being stored. I am looking for a starting point for looking into this issue and am looking to learn more about how persisted values are being stored in the back end in general.

1 REPLY 1

Greetings!

The message noted in the attachment is a benign print statement within the SDK used to create the AlwaysOn connection between KEPServerEX and ThingWorx. In fact, the derivation of this message is contained within a method not used for the implementation of this connection, therefore not relevant in this context.

For that reason, the message can be ignored for the purpose of monitoring connection status between KEPServerEX and ThingWorx. PTC/Kepware will be downgrading this message from WARN to INFORMATIONAL within the next KEPServerEX release (V6.7). 

Sincerely, 

Brent_Kepware

Top Tags