cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Setting up Email Notification for Edge Things

JoeKellyATI
4-Participant

Setting up Email Notification for Edge Things

Hello,

I'm attempting to setup email notifications (i.e. alarms) for one of our furnaces.

The furnace is setup as an OPC server, which is then routed through OPC Aggregator, and we're receiving it in Thingworx Composer.  I setup an alert for one of the bound properties if the property is greater than 1.  I have also setup the email server (and performed a test email using the sendMessage service).  I created the Notification for the alert and the email handler, but I haven't been receiving any emails when the alert should be triggering.  Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Joe

4 REPLIES 4

verify both alert and subscription (where you will write snippet for sending email)  are enabled.

try providing logger in subscription snippet like logger.warn("in test subscription"); and see in script logs if this gets printed whenever you set property value outside the range of alert

JoeKellyATI
4-Participant
(To:rosharma)

Thanks for the response, Rosharma!

I know I can send emails with subscriptions, but I thought I could also send emails with the Notification Things in Composer.  Is that not what they're used for?

Hello Joe,

I don't have an answer to your question, but there was a similar one about half a year ago: https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Not-able-to-use-Notifications/m-p/625584

Before opening a support case I would suggest checking that the emailAddress is filled correctly on the recepient User object.

/ Constantine

Constantine,

Thanks for the reply.  I stumbled on that post in my research.  I will check the emailAddress property and see if that fixes it.  If not, I'll try filling out a support ticket.

Top Tags