Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simple Mashup binding thing to gauge widget

I'm going through the Thingworx 5.0 Workbook. It really falls down when it comes to describing how to create mashups and bind widgets to data. I was trying to come up with a very simple example for this. I thought that displaying a list of Vending Machines and selecting a vending machine from the list to display its current temperature would be a fairly simply exercise. So this is what i'm trying to accomplish.

I think i'm almost there...i just can't get the gauge to respond when i select a vending machine from the list. Each vending machine thing has a slightly different current temperature so it is evident that the binding is working.

Hi Robert,

Typically, the workbook is used during in-person training sessions where an instructor will demonstrate how to create

Mashups

and bind data to widgets. For a more visual learning experience, I recommend following the introductory ThingWorx course available from PTC eLearning.

To answer your specific question, you won't use the SelectedRowsChanged

Event

, as non exists for

GetProperties()

. Instead, you'll use this same

Event

, but for the

GetImplementingThings()

Service

, which is populating the List. Then, as the selected rows change (i.e. you select entities), the

Event

will fire and execute

GetProperties()

Regards,

Adam

Hi Adam....watching 

Communicating with Things using ThingWorx 5.0 (Part 2 of Introduction to ThingWorx 5.0) from PTCU eLearning. 

This is perfect and exactly what I needed.

Funny it uses a very similar exercise as the one i was trying to put together.

Thanks!

Hi Robert,

Just FYI, there are lots of very helpful videos on the Suport/Video tutorials tab.
There is a trick there, the videos you see when entering the Video Tutorial page are only a small subset from the available videos.
To display them all, delete ThingWorx from the Search box, then press Search. Now wait some seconds (5-10) and you will see that the right video list scrollbar becomes very small and you will be able to scroll through a much, much larger Videos collection.

Hope it helps,

BR,
Vladimir

Announcements

Thingworx Navigate content has a new home! Click here to access the new Thingworx Navigate forum! ______________________________