cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Slow Thingworx performance

AP_9587236
17-Peridot

Slow Thingworx performance

Thingworx Performance is slow under any of the conditions of Wifi and LAN. What is the solution for this ? Or Is there an option to auto delete logs after x days in server? How do we manage this in deployment?

6 REPLIES 6
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:AP_9587236)

Hi @AP_9587236

There are many factors that would need to be considered when assessing performance issues.

• When you say that it's slow under Wifi and LAN, have you tested directly from the server/VM hosting ThingWorx?
  • What is the footprint of the machine running ThingWorx?  Does it meet our recommendations for configuration?  This varies by version, so we would need to know which version you are running to point you to the appropriate documentation.
  • Is it just your mashups that are slow?  Could point to inefficient coding/design in services.
  • What is the volume of data?
  • What other apps are you running on the machine hosting ThingWorx?  Is the persistence provider on the same machine?

Please provide more information and we will try to direct you.

Regards.

--Sharon

We have tested directly in our local server. It have 8GB RAM. The system meets recommendations of thingworx. The version is 8.5. The mashups are not slow. Cos we imported same mashups in other servers for testing and it behaves well. There are around 700 entities in a project. Only default apps are there in the server.
My question is we facing this issue in local server itself. How we can manage such situation once we deployed in AmazonWorkSpace.?
What procedures we need to follow before deploying in AWS & in other local servers?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

You will probably want to check 

CPU usage, Memory usage

check the queue sizes

Also if you are checking from a mashup, you can use the developer tools and see how much time it takes for the data to come back vs. the rendering to finish.

That's probably the places to start.

You can also turn on the tools and check things like services run and average runtime of those services.

Please refer me the developer tools. Developer tools can be used only for testing purposes or we can keep it on during all the time in thingworx??
We facing this issue in local server itself. How we can manage such situation once we deployed project in AmazonWorkSpace.? What procedures we need to follow before deploying in AWS & in other local servers?

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

You can always use the Browser developer tools that web browsers provide. In Chrome F12

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @AP_9587236

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags