cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Step by step maven archetype download for 6.6

rrbasch
1-Newbie

8 REPLIES 8
mredel
1-Newbie
(To:rrbasch)

Hi Roberto

Are you looking for instructions on how to get started with the Artisan?

If you go to https://[YOUR-URL].axeda.com/artisan/ then you will get step-by-step instructions on the downloading the Maven archetype and getting your first Artisan project up and running.

Remember about pre-requisites:

• Maven
  • JDK
  • some sort of IDE is recommended

Hope this helps

Maciej

rrbasch
1-Newbie
(To:mredel)

Thank you for your info, but during the Artisan meeting yesterday the were some points that are not in the documentation which the developers would distribute for 6.6

sharmon
12-Amethyst
(To:rrbasch)

Roberto - I'm working on some materials that summarize the demo I gave at Connexion 2014. Stay tuned!

ablyth
7-Bedrock
(To:sharmon)

Hi Stephen,

We're all really looking forward to the new guides!

I have a related question but will start a new thread,

Alan

sharmon
12-Amethyst

Roberto Basch

- Here's a short screencast where I:

1. Bring down an Artisan 6.6 archetype to create a new Artisan project,
  2. Import the new project into IntelliJ.

I hope it helps!

Video Link : 1040

mredel
1-Newbie

Thanks Steve for the screen cast.

One more thing I would like to mention is optional step of making life even easier with the IntelliJ and Maven integration - if you do not like / do not want to use command line to push your Artisan project to the platform you can easily configure IDE to do it for you. Instead of issuing command in the CMD prompt you will be pressing one button straight in the IDE.

How to configure IntelliJ IDE to push Artisan project:

1. In IntelliJ IDE select Run menu, from which select Edit Configurations
  2. Dialog will be presented and you need to add new Maven configuration with following properties:
    1. Name - this can be anything, I choose MVN clean > package to indicate which goals will be executed
    2. Working directory - this should be already defaulted to the location of your Artisan project
    3. Command line: clean package -s C:\Users\<YOURLOGINHERE>\.m2\<YOUR_MAVEN_SETTINGS.XML> -P run-install

IMPORTANT: IntelliJ IDE does not resolve the environment variables in the command line configuration so you cannot use %USERPROFILE% or %USERNAME% variables.

Here is my config (my username = mredel).

RunConfig.png

Now you have handy button (green "play") that once pushed will send your Artisan project to the platform:

RunConfigMenu.png

Enjoy!

ablyth
7-Bedrock

Is it possible to download this? I will start a new Thread but Chrome is not sizing Jive very well.

sharmon
12-Amethyst
(To:ablyth)

I don't see a way to download the video, but there's a, "full screen," button in the lower right corner of the video that works well for me in Chrome.

Top Tags