cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Support for Microsoft SQL Server for PTC Analytics Server 8.2?

yoprado
5-Regular Member

Support for Microsoft SQL Server for PTC Analytics Server 8.2?

Hello,

I was hoping to install the latest version of PTC Analytics Server 8.2 on Windows 2016. Is it still a requirement to have Postgres installed and set up for Analytics Server? Our team was hoping to have everything Windows based, so we are planning to use Microsoft SQL Server for Thingworx Core installation. I don't see Postgres on the requirements document on 8.2 for Analytics, but I don't see any RDBMS requirement on there either.

Thank you,

York Prado

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:yoprado)

Hi

As you have correctly noticed there is no RDBMS requirement in ThingWorx Analytics 8.2.

ThingWorx Analytics 8.2 does no longer use any database. Data are saved on the file system as parquet format.

We also have a native Windows installer with 8.2 (in addition to the docker one) , so you should have a more familiar Windows experience with this new release.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Christophe

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi

As you have correctly noticed there is no RDBMS requirement in ThingWorx Analytics 8.2.

ThingWorx Analytics 8.2 does no longer use any database. Data are saved on the file system as parquet format.

We also have a native Windows installer with 8.2 (in addition to the docker one) , so you should have a more familiar Windows experience with this new release.

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Christophe

nsampat
17-Peridot

York,

Thank you for posting to the Community.

As of ThingWorx Analytics 8.1+, we no longer require a DB for use of our application.

There were changes to the architecture, and currently the data is stored in Apache Parquet format on the File System, which is handled by the Analytics Application directly (no need for an installation steps).

You can use any flavor of ThingWorx Foundation for your front end, but it is required that you have a running ThingWorx Foundation Server prior to installing ThingWorx Analytics.

I have attached the Installation Guide for TWA 8.2 - Windows Deployment for your reference. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Neel

Leigh
Community Manager
(To:nsampat)

Hi @yoprado

I just wanted to follow up to see if Christophe and Neel's responses answered the questions you had.  If so, please indicate the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of reference for our Community.  If you have further questions/issues, please advise on your current status.

Thanks!

Leigh

Top Tags