cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

TTE 8.2.0 Err: tcp 10.0.75.1:8080: connectex: No connection could be made because the target machine

waqar
4-Participant

TTE 8.2.0 Err: tcp 10.0.75.1:8080: connectex: No connection could be made because the target machine

Hi,

I am facing this error and trying to diagnose it from 2 days but in vain. I will really really appreciate any suggestions, help and solution. 

Error: Script output:
Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete correctly
Error running scripts\install-extension-windows.exe -username "Administrator" -password "trUf6yuz2?_Gub" -hostname "10.0.75.1" -hostport "8080" -extension "C:\Program Files\ThingWorxTrialEdition\files\ThingWorx-Utilities-8.2.0.zip": 2018/07/25 21:00:56 Post http://10.0.75.1:8080/Thingworx/ExtensionPackageUploader?purpose=import&validate=false: dial tcp 10.0.75.1:8080: connectex: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

(Please see install.txt file attached)

Before failing and rolling back and saving the error in install file , the installation is interrupted by another error (please see the error2.png)

Finally when i was installing Analytics trial edition it was also giving an error but a different type. Only i was once able to install the Foundation with H2 with java, tomcat, manually without dockers. 

Configuration:

Windows 10 Pro

System type: 64 bit Operating Sysem, x64 processor

Ram: 8GB

Dockers: Community Edition 

ver: 18.06.0-ce-win70 (19075)

Dockers running on Linux container

TTE: ThingWorx-Installer-8.2.0-r2

Administratively runned

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:nsampat)

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS274717 may be of interest too

Kind regards

Christophe

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
nsampat
17-Peridot
(To:waqar)

Hello,

Thank you for posting your question to this message board.

After reviewing your log, and the error message, do you have anything else running on Port 8080? e.g. you mentioned you already installed TWX H2 previously (native Tomcat deployment).

Is tomcat running when you are attempting the TTE installation?

If it is, please uninstall the failed TTE install, and manually remove the install directory, then check in powershell as admin if any remaining images exist using docker ps -a.

If there is a left over container, please remove it by using docker rm command.

After these cleanup steps, please disable tomcat then attempt the installation again as Admin.

Regards,

Neel

waqar
4-Participant

Hi Neel, 

I really appreciate your quick response. Thank you !

-- Is tomcat running when you are attempting the TTE installation?

No when i deleted the foundation trial i deleted everything i uninstall Tomcat, and remove the folder, Tomcat separately doesn't exist on my system.

-- powershell as admin if any remaining images exist using docker ps -a. If there is a left over container, please remove it by using docker rm command?

As i have been trying to install for a while now i have visited looked at some solution so after every failed installation i let the PTC installer roll back the installation for analytics, utilities etc then uninstall the foundation H2 that for some reason doesn't get uninstall, delete the TTE folder, and then powershell as admin check for images containers and container-machines to be empty (Even though i don't know what it means) before starting a new.

-- do you have anything else running on Port 8080?

I think not, and when foundation is installed in the first step of TTE, always foundation is installed with it is a txt file showing it is successfully installed and Admin and password to access i can access it using the http:\\localhost:8080\thingworx, but after some time the access is not any more available and then the error generation process starts. 

Note: 

Previously after successfully installing foundation with native tomcat (not docker procedure) i wanted to switch to Analytics trail edition (not TTE) because i needed mainly Analytics part of Thingworx for a project but that was giving an error, as well i will just attach it for reference. Then after facing problem for a while i decided may be i should try TTE after all it has everything i need, but you know the scenario about this error. 

-- In analytics trail edition -- Error is generated at Analytics server installation phase (error attached)

-- In Thingworx Trail edition -- Error is generated at Analytics Utilities installation phase (as you know the story)

but in both case in my humble opinion , the problem is eventually they can't access the installed thingworx foundation on 8080 although the errors are different. And i sriously don't know why it is happening.

I am really thankful to you and the community for your help. 

Best Regards,

Waqar Ghani

nsampat
17-Peridot

Waqar,

My colleague @cmorfin provided a link to one of our Knowledge Articles.

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS274717 

Can you make the Memory Adjustments to the Docker application as outlined in the article?

Regards,

Neel

waqar
4-Participant

Bingo :) ... That was it. 

I am really grateful Christophe, Neel , and PTC community. Next time if any issue i will refer to knowledge articles first. Thank you. 

Best Regards,

Waqar Ghani

nsampat
17-Peridot

Waqar,

Thank you for the Kudos.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions in a new Thread!

Thanks and Regards,

Neel

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS274717 may be of interest too

Kind regards

Christophe

Top Tags