cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

TW 8.5 Log Archiving

jvisser
9-Granite

TW 8.5 Log Archiving

Hi Everyone,

After upgrading our development server to TW 8.5 the log files now pile up in the ThingworxStorage\logs folder instead of being sent to the archives folder every night ThingworxStorage\logs\archives. Is there a setting in v8.5 that I have to enable?

v8.5 

clipboard_image_0.png

v8.4

clipboard_image_1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:jvisser)

There is a setting for this in the logging subsystem.

If the platform is not picking up the setting properly, please log this as a bug.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

There is a setting for this in the logging subsystem.

If the platform is not picking up the setting properly, please log this as a bug.

Thanks!

Are you sure there is a setting to tell the system to put log files in the archives folder? Here are the definitions from PTC. I do not see a setting that says send log files to the archives folder at the end of each day.

https://support.ptc.com/cs/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_6.6_hc/index.jspx?id=ThingWorxHelpCenterDITAFiles-ThingWorxModelDefinitionandComposer-System-Subsystems-LoggingSubsystem&action=show

These are all I see:

clipboard_image_0.png

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

With the 7 day archive it should be placing 7 days of archived logs in the archived folder and delete the older ones.

if it is not doing that, please create a support ticket.

It is always nice to have a screen capture of the the latest version.

Open Projects -> Subsystem -> LoggingSubsystem -> Configuration.

PEHOWE
16-Pearl
(To:PEHOWE)

I have looked at log directory on my TWX 8.5 environment. I am seeing the same issue. I have opened a ticket with Dev to have the issue investigated.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:PEHOWE)

Hi @jvisser.

ThingWorx 9.0 was released yesterday, and it does contain a fix for the issue you reported.

Since a solution has been provided, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others on the community.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags