cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

TW 9.2 - Legend in line under ptcschartbar

opac
5-Regular Member

TW 9.2 - Legend in line under ptcschartbar

Hello everyone,

i try to have legend in line, because like a grid takes so much space...

Not possible with Theme it seems.. so try with customCss but failed..

Someone can help me ?

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:opac)

Hi @opac.

Can you provide a mockup of what you want to see?  We're not clear on it based on the image you provided.

Regards.

--Sharon

opac
5-Regular Member
(To:slangley)

Hello @slangley,
yes i can !

as we can see in attached png, first image is what we can have with thingworx 8.5 and label chart widget.
The second one show what we obtained when we migrate to Thingworx 9.2 (widget ptcschartlabel). The legend is displayed like a grid  (2*2), and i see no option linked to that.
What i would like to have is represented by the third image, the legend bottom and in one line.
(sorry for my "particular" english, i'm french !)

Have a nice day

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @opac.

We performed some testing and it appears to be presented in a grid formation once you add more than 3 series.  We're not seeing an option to change it.   However, you might try looking at CSS for formatting it.  We played around with this a little and were able to format the legend vertically.  i would assume there's an option to change it to horizontal.

As an alternative, you may want to post a suggestion on the ThingWorx Ideas board.  This will allow others to vote for it, increasing it's chances of being included in a future release.

Regards.

--Sharon

opac
5-Regular Member
(To:slangley)

Hi,

opac_2-1652103604960.png

I can obtain thru F12 options to display legend in line by replacing display: grid by display: inline-flex (in div id="grid", styles tab, cf image above).
But it's not taken in count, if i modify it thru Thingworx Custom CSS, i think because it's in a "#shadow-root" (as you can see in image above).

So, i think it's not possible for now, and should be an option in the future !

Have a good day,

Olivier

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @opac

If you would like to see this change in a future release, the best approach is to submit it as a request on the ThingWorx Ideas forum.  This will not guarantee that it will included in a future release, but its chances increase with votes from other community members.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags