cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

TWX 8.5 streams or value streams for devices historical data?

LuisCabello
12-Amethyst

TWX 8.5 streams or value streams for devices historical data?

Hi everybody,

I have some dudes, I want to know what is the best practice for devices that I want record historical data.

I have Temperature/Humidity devices and I don't know what is the best practice. I have two questions:

1. Is it better to have streams as devices?

2. Now I have a value stream associated to a template for record historical data because I need temperature or humidity data, It's well done?

My objetive later is make a Time series chart with the historical data, what is the best option?

pd: please I know this article Difference between Streams, Value Streams and Datatables in ThingWorx  but I need to choose which is the best option when I have remote devices that will send to a broker the data and the broker will be comunicate with Thingworx. 

Thank you in advanced,

Luis.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:LuisCabello)

Standard practice is to log the properties into a ValueStream

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Standard practice is to log the properties into a ValueStream

And so, When you have to use a stream thing?

Thank you for reply.

Luis

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Streams are used when you want to combine a specific set of data over time from different sources.

Also if you want to pre-aggregate time series data

And if you are looking to record data over time paired with other relevant data points (similar to point 1)

Top Tags