cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

[TWX 9.0.2] Missing Session Variable "Changed"-Event

DanZ
15-Moonstone

[TWX 9.0.2] Missing Session Variable "Changed"-Event

Hi,

I've exported a project from TWX 8.5.4 to 9.0.2 which is working fine so far. But there is one issue: I can't figure out how to bind the "Changed"-Event from a session variable in TWX 9. There is simply no menu to do it. I've attached two screenshot from 8.5.4 and 9.0.2 where you see that the event "ToggleVarChanged" show up when you click on the session variable in the "Session" tab. Since 9.0.0 this isn't the case anymore and I don't see another option.

The binding itself (created in 8.5) is still working in 9.0 and is shown in the mashup builder.

So... any ideas where to look for it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
nmilleson
17-Peridot
(To:DanZ)

@DanZ ,

I'm using 9.0.1 and had the same problem.  We found it by having the session parameters open in the top window and the Data Properties in the bottom, and then pressing Refresh on the session parameters.  Then your events should show up in the Data Properties.. probably a bug that should be reported.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hello @DanZ,

Is it possible to upload the entities for testing ? I want to see if there is some option in ThingWorx 9.0.2 to bind the changed event from a session variable.

Thank you,

DanZ
15-Moonstone
(To:Ciprian-Traian)

Sorry, I can't upload the entities because it is a customer project. But you can reproduce it by creating a session parameter and try to bind it in any mashup.

nmilleson
17-Peridot
(To:DanZ)

@DanZ ,

I'm using 9.0.1 and had the same problem.  We found it by having the session parameters open in the top window and the Data Properties in the bottom, and then pressing Refresh on the session parameters.  Then your events should show up in the Data Properties.. probably a bug that should be reported.

DanZ
15-Moonstone
(To:nmilleson)

Thank you! And yes... this behaviour didn't seems right.

Hello @DanZ,

Would it be possible for you to open a support ticket to report the bug ?

Thank you,

DanZ
15-Moonstone
(To:Ciprian-Traian)

Yes, I'm going to open one.

Top Tags