cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

The password length has to be 14 at least ?

seanccc
17-Peridot

The password length has to be 14 at least ?

Hi, 

The minimal password length is 14 in ThingWorx 8.4 . 

How to change the password policy ?  It's not necessary to have the password so long in a in company's local network.   It's too long for a end user to input,  specially when customers access the Thingworx page via mobile device(iPad or phone), it would be a horrible experience. 

Regards,

Sean

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That's for the safety of the server, so it can't be changed.

2 Exceptions:

1. Use Single-Sign-On, and it will accept external user accounts. If these accounts can use short passwords, so will TWX.

2. In previous TWX versions, the password does not have length limit. So if your TWX 8.4 is upgraded from older version, the user still uses short password (but if you want to change a new password, it will follow the new rules.)     

From Exception 2, I'd assume that if you export Users to xml files from old TWX, and import in 8.4, you may also get users with short passwords.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

The length can be changed in UserManagement Subsystem

seanccc
17-Peridot
(To:zyuan1)

@zyuan1 ,

I checked the UserManagement subsystem, but didn't find where I can change the password length.  The screenshot is attached. 

Please go to System - Subsystem - User Management - Configuration, the page you opened is Monitor - Subsystem

Capture.PNG

seanccc
17-Peridot
(To:zyuan1)

@zyuan1 ,

Thank you for the quick reply,  I found it . but the minimum length is 10 ,  can it be shorter ?  My customer want it to be 6 .  

That's for the safety of the server, so it can't be changed.

2 Exceptions:

1. Use Single-Sign-On, and it will accept external user accounts. If these accounts can use short passwords, so will TWX.

2. In previous TWX versions, the password does not have length limit. So if your TWX 8.4 is upgraded from older version, the user still uses short password (but if you want to change a new password, it will follow the new rules.)     

From Exception 2, I'd assume that if you export Users to xml files from old TWX, and import in 8.4, you may also get users with short passwords.

Top Tags