cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

The url localhost:8080 is not showing that tomcat is running but ThingWorx is connecting to composer

AP_9587236
17-Peridot

The url localhost:8080 is not showing that tomcat is running but ThingWorx is connecting to composer

i installed thingworx foundation installer for postgresql. The url localhost:8080 is not showing that tomcat is running but thee url localhost:8080/Thingworx is connecting to thingworx composer. What is the reason for this? Then how to check tomcat is running or not in browser. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:AP_9587236)

Hi @AP_9587236.

If I'm understanding correctly, you're asking how to get to the Tomcat console page.  Is that correct? 

I'm also assuming you used the ThingWorx installer for installation.  If so, the Tomcat console page has been disabled for security reasons.  You can use the Tomcat logs located at <tomcat_home>\logs for validation. 

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @AP_9587236.

If I'm understanding correctly, you're asking how to get to the Tomcat console page.  Is that correct? 

I'm also assuming you used the ThingWorx installer for installation.  If so, the Tomcat console page has been disabled for security reasons.  You can use the Tomcat logs located at <tomcat_home>\logs for validation. 

Regards.

--Sharon

So we cant see the tomcat console page if we installed Thingworx foundation installer. 

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @16481297 

You can reconfigure Tomcat but keep in mind that if the site is accessible from the public network, you will be compromising its security.  This site provides details on reinstating the console page.

Regards.

--Sharon

Just adding some technical; details to @slangley 's answer...

I don't have the installation of the latest and greatest version at hand, but a while back Foundation installer was just removing the 'ROOT' folder (which contains the "default page") from the Tomcat's `webapps` folder.

No extra security configs were altered / added.

You can restore the default Tomcat home page by simply copying the `webapps\ROOT` folder from the Tomcat installation package (get one on https://tomcat.apache.org/). Just make sure to use the same version - check your version by running version.bat / version.sh from `ThingWorxFoundation\tomcat\current\bin` or `java -cp catalina.jar org.apache.catalina.util.ServerInfo` from `ThingWorxFoundation\tomcat\current\lib`

Top Tags