cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

ThingWorx 6.5 Upgrade

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot

ThingWorx 6.5 Upgrade

Hi Folks,

I need to upgrade existing version 5.4 to 6.5.Please let me know any possible issues post-upgrade, if anyone faced so far.As well as any pre-checks or required steps need to be taken before upgrade to overcome post-upgrade issues.

I have found 2 post-upgrade issues so far:

-Configuration does not import, so after migration we’ll need to go to the UserManagement Subsystem and re-configure Session Variables

-is they are forcing the use of DataShapes all around.  So if we have a data service (SQL/API call) that returns an infotable and we have not created a data shape for it we may face issues with type casting.

Please update issues and its resolutions from your experiences with 6.5 version release.

Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8

For instance if you have multiple subscriptions to the same event from the same thing, you will have a big issue, as it's not allowed on 6.5.

Thanks Carles.

Waiting for more experiences...

qn
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:CarlesColl)

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot
(To:qn)

Thanks QD N.

But it seems resolution is in progress,I guess.

qn
1-Newbie
1-Newbie
(To:TanmeyTWX)

Will you upgrade to 6.5 Neo4j ? If it's 6.5 Postgre, the database configuration changes completely.

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot
(To:qn)

No.I don't have Neo4j or Postgre to upgrade.

Hi Tarun,

If you are at 5.4 you are using Neo4j as it's the default underlying database engine for this version.

But now on 6.5 you can chose which underlying database you use between Neo4j and PostgreSQL

Best Regards,

Carles.

Yep.It going to be Neo4j,the default one.

Top Tags