cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

ThingWorx 7.4 Available for Download (with our without new grid widget ?)

pjoly
11-Garnet

ThingWorx 7.4 Available for Download (with our without new grid widget ?)

Hello

I'm looking for advanced grid widget and I read that it will be in 7.4

As I don't like too much to update when I have a stable release,  I would like to know what means the remark "These features will be available at the end of March 2017."

Engage

These features will be available at the end of March 2017.

• Advanced Grid: New grid widget with improved design, context menu, multi-column sorting, global search and many more common grid-related features.
  • Tree Grid: New tree-grid widget with same features as advanced grid plus ability to pre-load tree levels, dynamically load child data and auto expand all nodes to build more powerful mashups.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:pjoly)

It  will be a separate extension that you'd import into your 7.4 system. Tentatively to come out next week.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
posipova
20-Turquoise

It  will be a separate extension that you'd import into your 7.4 system. Tentatively to come out next week.

pjoly
11-Garnet
(To:posipova)

Thanks for the detail.

I'll plan the update.

I hope than in the future these updates could  be simplified (from the Composer ?) because the upgrade (Ubuntu/Postgres) by following documentation is a little bit tricky (at least for me)

It's difficult to know what should be done or not in all the steps ( "in place" or not, "Generally no need to do this ..." ...) and I cannot find the in-place upgrade for Ubuntu for

The steps below are for migration only. For in-place upgrade, refer to In-place Upgrade to ThingWorx 7.4

(Neo4j/PostgreSQL/H2) on Ubuntu.

probably a chapter is missing ?

Document Revision History........................................................................................................................... 1

Determine Upgrade Path: In-place vs. Migration ..................................................................................... 3

Database Options: Neo4j, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, SAP HANA, or H2 .................................... 4

Prerequisites ............................................................................................................................................. 4

Licensing Changes in 7.4 (Windows/Ubuntu) ........................................................................................... 4

Migrating to ThingWorx 7.4 (Neo4j/PostgreSQL/ MS SQL Server /H2) on Windows............................... 7

In-place Upgrade to ThingWorx 7.4 (Neo4j/PostgreSQL/MS SQL Server/H2) on Windows................... 11

Migrating to ThingWorx 7.4 (Neo4j/PostgreSQL/MS SQL Server/H2) on Ubuntu ................................. 13

Appendix A: Licensing Troubleshooting...................................................................................................... 17

posipova
20-Turquoise

Thank you for your feedback, I will reach out to the documentation team to ensure future improvement.

pjoly
11-Garnet

hello

do you know when the missing § "Upgrade to ThingWorx 7.4 (Neo4j/PostgreSQL/H2) on Ubuntu." will be added into the document ?

Thanks

posipova
20-Turquoise

I do not have an ETA yet; here's the ticket number that I submitted the documentation team: PSPT-3533. Will update this thread once done.

pjoly
11-Garnet

Ok thanks a lot.

pjoly
11-Garnet

Hello

documentation has been upgraded and chapters added

https://support.ptc.com/view?im_dbkey=172639

Top Tags