cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

ThingWorx 8.4 : Unable to bind selected row from list widget to the session variable

AjaySrini
6-Contributor

ThingWorx 8.4 : Unable to bind selected row from list widget to the session variable

Hi All,

I am trying to explore the new release of ThingWorx version 8.4.

• I have a Mashup (with list widgets) with selected row property of list binded to the session variables and it is working fine in ThingWorx 8.3.
  • I could see the data when I execute GetGlobalSessionValues service available under CurrentSessionInfo.
  • When I try importing the same entity to 8.4 version, I could see no data is getting generated from the selected row property of list widget and thus not going to the session variables. 
  • GetGlobalSessionValues service available under CurrentSessionInfo appears empty.

Note : When I try binding the text property of text box with the session variables in TWX 8.4, it is working fine.  

I am confused if the issue is with the list widget or selected row property of list widget or with session variables in TWX 8.4 version. Kindly advise.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AjaySrini
6-Contributor
(To:posipova)

We had reported this issue to PTC and they have got back to us stating that they were able to replicate this issue in TWX 8.4.0. The issue is with SelectedRows property of the service that populates the data to the List widget when Multi-select option is enabled in the list widget. The doc that I had attached in earlier comment would explain the issue clearly. PTC has recommended us to use BETA Dropdown widget in this case, which is working as expected.  

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:AjaySrini)

is the issue happening on the imported entity only or do you observe the same behavior if creating a new one in 8.4? What happens if you duplicate the imported entity?

AjaySrini
6-Contributor

I tried creating a new entity and duplicating the imported entity as well but both of them didn't work. But if bind All Data property to the session variable it is working fine so my complete concern is now on the Selected row property output of a list widget in 8.4

posipova
20-Turquoise

"SelectedText/ items" binding on the list widget seems to be for input only (feeding data to it). To bind the selected row, I use the same service that populated the List and use SelectedRow to bind it to the sessionvariable. See attached images.

I have a similar issue in that I am not able to bind my SelectedRow from a list widget to a session variable. 

I tried to drag and drop the SelectedRow item from my service under the service tab to the variable under the session tab, but I can't reach the variable as the session tab window won't scroll down to the variable I want to bind it to.  I tried to configure the service to bind to the session variable, but I didn't see the option to do so.  The session tab doesn't seem to have a configuration option also.

It seems that I have bound variables that are located below the visible area of the session window, but I'm not sure how I did it.  It may be unrelated, but we just upgraded to Thingworx 8.4.1 last week.

posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:Willie)

would it be possible to attach the problematic entity(with its dependencies) so I could import it into my system to take a look?

It has many dependencies.  Could I send you a WebEx invite?

I was able to get the non-visible session variables to display by rotating my monitor and orienting it vertically and changing my screen orientation to portrait instead of landscape.  I was able to drag and drop the SelectedRow from my service to the session variable this way.

AjaySrini
6-Contributor

Thanks for your time.

Even I am trying to bind the Selected Rows from the service that populates the list to the session variable. What I have noticed is if the Multi-Select option is ON then it doesn't bind the data to the session variables and if Multi-select is OFF then it binds it to the session variables. i.e. It is not writing 2 rows at a time to the session variable (of type of INFOTABLE) but writes 1 record to it. I have raised this concern with PTC and awaiting their response. 

I also noticed that the LIST widget available under BETA category in 8.4 doesn't have the VIEW option to control if it is List/Dropbox/ComboBox/RadioButtonList.

Could you please confirm if the VIEW option is missing or is it available under any other functionality in 8.4?

posipova
20-Turquoise

Are you using Beta List or legacy List? I am able to assiged selected rows to the session variable with Multiselect ON if I have a datashape assigned to my session variable that matches the service (see screenshot attached, my output of the current global session variable is in the grid).

As far as the Beta list -- it will be an independent standalone widget, meaning we'll have a list and a dropdown as two separate widgets. Since this is still in beta, the work isn't complete.  I apologize for the confusion there!

AjaySrini
6-Contributor

The list widget that I am referring to is available under the Standard category in 8.4. Kindly take a look at the attachment and let me know your comments. Do correct me If I am wrong here. Looking forward to your reply. 

AjaySrini
6-Contributor

AjaySrini
6-Contributor

We had reported this issue to PTC and they have got back to us stating that they were able to replicate this issue in TWX 8.4.0. The issue is with SelectedRows property of the service that populates the data to the List widget when Multi-select option is enabled in the list widget. The doc that I had attached in earlier comment would explain the issue clearly. PTC has recommended us to use BETA Dropdown widget in this case, which is working as expected.  

Top Tags