cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

ThingWorx Analytics 8.1:service/s to achice result equivalent to : Analytics Builder-Signals-New

bwalke
5-Regular Member

ThingWorx Analytics 8.1:service/s to achice result equivalent to : Analytics Builder-Signals-New

ThingWorx Analytics 8.1

Which service/s can be used to achieve the result equivalent to : Analytics Builder > Signals > New ?

I see a service CreateJob under AnalyticsServer_SignalsThing, but that just creates a job.

My requirement is I would like create a new signal using service/s and then that signal should be listed in Analytics Builder mashup under Signals.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:bwalke)

Hi

The service CreateJob under the AnalyticsServer_SignalsThing thing is the one that will initiate the signal computation on the Analytics Server.

You can retrieve the signal results with RetrieveResult service.

By default those jobs will however not appear in Builder as only jobs with specific tags are displayed in builder.

You can create a signal in Builder and then use GetJobInfos service to see the type of tags expected. 

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Christophe

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:bwalke)

Hi

The service CreateJob under the AnalyticsServer_SignalsThing thing is the one that will initiate the signal computation on the Analytics Server.

You can retrieve the signal results with RetrieveResult service.

By default those jobs will however not appear in Builder as only jobs with specific tags are displayed in builder.

You can create a signal in Builder and then use GetJobInfos service to see the type of tags expected. 

Hope this helps

Kind regards

Christophe

Leigh
Community Manager
(To:cmorfin)

Hi @bwalke

I just wanted to follow up to see if Christophe answered the questions you had.  If so, please indicate his response as the Accepted Solution.  In the event that you have any more questions or issues, please let us know of your current status.

Thanks!

Leigh

Top Tags