cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ThingWorx Analytics Server installation: Can't validate Thingworx Foundation connection

SOLVED

Re: ThingWorx Analytics Server installtion: Can't validate Thingworx Foundation connection

Hi Christophe,

Thanks for the reply.

I am attaching the outputs which I got from running the commands as the administrator. I am attaching the screenshots and the Analyticsserverfolder  install.log for your review.

Hope this helps!

Thanks!

Re: ThingWorx Analytics Server installtion: Can't validate Thingworx Foundation connection

Hi Tushar

I apologize, I did overlook an important point in your first sentence of your first post.

You mentioned you are installing on a Windows 10 VM.

Unless very special circumstances, you cannot do this, you need a physical Windows 10 machine.

docker on Windows uses virtualization and in most cases you cannot have a nested virtualization (docker inside a VM) .

In your case you probably cannot run the docker test: docker run hello-world, which then prohibit going any further with the installation since Analytics is based on docker.

You would need to use a physical Windows 10.

If you need to use a virtual machine, you will then need to go for a CentOS or Ubuntu one.

Hope this help

Kind regards

Christophe

Hi Christophe,

Thanks for the reply. I understand the problem now. Since I have a physical Windows 10 too on my personal pc but it is a home edition (not supported by docker).

I tried to install the Virtualbox on my Windows 2012 VM but the only options I was getting were for 32 bit Linux OS and not the 64 bits ones. I do not understand why?

Also, will it be possible, if I install Virtualbox on my personal Windows 10 Home Edition PC and in that virtualbox I install the 64 bit Linux based OS and then do the installation with the Linux Stand Alone files available on the website??

Thanks!

Hi Christophe,

Based on your suggestion, I installed the AnalyticsServer on a new linux based VM (stand alone or without the docker version). I am now able to see the AnalyticsServer thing in the TW core as well as, in the Analytics Builder.

Thanks for all the help!

Tushar

P.S. Just a quick question , out of curiosity, is there any performance difference bewteen the versions of Analytics Server with and without docker? What exactly is the purpose of docker in the whole process?

Hi Tushar

I am happy it works for you.

I am not aware of any difference in term of performance or functionality between the docker and native version of ThingWorx Analytics.

It is more down to a user's preference .

Kind regards

Christophe

Re: ThingWorx Analytics Server installation: Can't validate Thingworx Foundation connection

Hello, I am facing the same problem trying to verify the ThingWorx Foundation connection.

I am running ThingWorx Analytics server on a windows 7 , 16GB and 8 cores, diferente than ThingWorx Foundation

I have installed the Docker Toolbox and make sure that I have a computer that has a HAV capable processor and if this feature (HAV setting) is enabled on the processor (from the BIOS).

I can ping my ThingWorx Core Foundation Server IP from my windows 7, but my browser can not access to my ThingWorx Core server with an 8080 port.

any ideas?

Re: ThingWorx Analytics Server installation: Can't validate Thingworx Foundation connection

I got it working with port 80.

Val.

Hey Val,

Apologies for the delayed response. I am glad it worked out for you.

Regards,

Tushar

Thank you Tushar, right now i am facing same issue as

Thingworx analytics 8.0 docker installation on windows 7

but for version 8.1, let me know if you have any idea.

Val.

Hey Val,

Is your Windows 7 system on which you are running your analytics server ( a physical system or a virtual machine?)

As Chritophe suggested in one of my earlier questions that Docker doesn't work in virtual machines and that was the problem which I was facing while trying to establish the connection between the ThingWorx core and Analytics Server.

Best regards,

Tushar