cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

ThingWorx Analytics Tab Missing

Ascherer17
14-Alexandrite

ThingWorx Analytics Tab Missing

After installing the Thingworx Analytics Extension, the Analytics tab is not showing up in Composer although the Analytics Server Things do show up and are 'connected'.

Details:

We have a Thingworx Foundation cluster (3 nodes) running Thingworx 9.3.0 on RHEL.

We just finished installing Thingworx Analytics Server 9.3.0 on a separate RHEL node.  As part of the Server installation, we set it to install the Analytics Extension in Foundation.  It gave us a message that the extension was queued for install on the next platform restart. Since it's a cluster, we weren't sure whether that meant to restart just one of the nodes, all of them individually, or all of them at the same time.  

So we tried all three of these methods.  We also tried installing the extension directly in Composer.  The Analytics tab for Analytics Builder/Manager still doesn't show up in Composer. 

Any ideas on what we may have missed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ascherer17
14-Alexandrite
(To:cmorfin)

Thank you for the suggestion to bring down to one node for the install.  I think that would be the best approach.  It turns out our problem may have been totally unrelated to the installation.

One of my peers noticed that we had some errors in the log about our database being full.  After backing up and clearing our value_stream table, we were able to reinstall the analytics extension and the Builder/Manager showed up in Composer.  

So the cause of our problem seems to have been a full database, and the resolution was to empty part of it so the extension could be installed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:Ascherer17)

The issue is more an extension issue than a Analytics one I would say.

The Analytics extension is fairly large, so you may want to apply the steps from Help Center: https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx/platform/r9/en/index.html#page/ThingWorx/Help/ThingWorxHighAvailability/ManagingThingWorxExtensionsThingWorxHA.html# :

"If you are importing a large number of extensions or extensions that will take a long time to sync, it is recommended to take the cluster down to a single instance, install the extensions, and then scale the cluster back up. This will be more performant and will prevent eventual consistency issues since the new extensions will be loaded by each server as they start."

So you can confirm that the extension is imported ok with the cluster still with 1 node, then scale it up.

Hope this helps

Christophe

Ascherer17
14-Alexandrite
(To:cmorfin)

Thank you for the suggestion to bring down to one node for the install.  I think that would be the best approach.  It turns out our problem may have been totally unrelated to the installation.

One of my peers noticed that we had some errors in the log about our database being full.  After backing up and clearing our value_stream table, we were able to reinstall the analytics extension and the Builder/Manager showed up in Composer.  

So the cause of our problem seems to have been a full database, and the resolution was to empty part of it so the extension could be installed.

Top Tags