cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

ThingWorx EMS - Log files not created when EMS & LSR run as a service (Linux)

ltaylor
4-Participant

ThingWorx EMS - Log files not created when EMS & LSR run as a service (Linux)

I am running my EMS & LSR on an Ubuntu 14.04 based system as services (using the included service scripts installed in /etc/init.d/ by the install_services script).

When the EMS & LSR run as services, all of their logs go to the syslog, which I expected.   However, I expected them to also get logged in the specified publish_directory in the config.lua and config.json.  When the services run, the path to the specified log location is created, but no files are actually written there.   That said, if I run both the applications directly from the command line then the log files are written just fine.

I tried changing the log path several times thinking it might be related to permissions on a parent directory, but no matter where I specify the service does not write the logs to that location.

Is this expected behavior or a problem with my setup?  I'd still prefer to have the logs in their own location so they're easier to view on their own.  Any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated.  Happy to provide additional details or context if needed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tkawasaki
15-Moonstone
(To:ltaylor)

Hi,

This issue is reported with WSEMS 5.4.0 release and PTC R&D team is working on it.

The schedule of the fixed version release is not yet announced.

If you're on 5.3 or earlier, maybe it's caused by a different reason.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tkawasaki
15-Moonstone
(To:ltaylor)

Hi,

This issue is reported with WSEMS 5.4.0 release and PTC R&D team is working on it.

The schedule of the fixed version release is not yet announced.

If you're on 5.3 or earlier, maybe it's caused by a different reason.

Thanks,

ltaylor
4-Participant
(To:tkawasaki)

Thank you for the information!  I am on 5.4.2, so I think this answers my question.

Top Tags