cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

ThingWorx Flow - Can not delete existing workflow (even with Administrator rights)

otluk
12-Amethyst

ThingWorx Flow - Can not delete existing workflow (even with Administrator rights)

otluk_0-1594903649827.png

I have the existing workflow, which is enabled - Unable to open the workflow or delete this workflow. Unable to disable the workflow as well.

Is there an option in the settings or is this just a bug that prevents me from deleting this workflow?

Anyone has some hints what I can do to delete the workflow?

Remark: Also deleted the connected account

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
otluk
12-Amethyst
(To:otluk)

The issue occured probably because of upgrading Thingworx Flow to a newer version.

The issue I was hitting earlier is that no Flows were showing in the Flow webpage. But after a restart to all the services(Twx+Flow+Nginx+Postgres+RabbitMQ) everything is working. Just to be safe you should make a Backup or snapshot to the DB before starting. To remove them follow these steps:

1. Open pgAdmin and scroll to Databases>thingworx_db>schemas>public>tables
  2. Query the remaining Flows in tables: servicedefinitions & serviceimplementations using: select * from serviceimplementations where name ='flow_name';
  3. Stop all other services except Postgres
  4. Run a delete queries on those entries in both tables. I used: delete from serviceimplementations where name ='flow_name';
  5. Start all services back again. The Flows should be deleted

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @otluk.

What version of ThingWorx are you running?  What information is available in the logs at \ThingworxStorage\logs?

What do you mean by "Also deleted the connected account?"  Are you referring to the account credentials for the external system?

Regards.

--Sharon

otluk
12-Amethyst
(To:slangley)

Hi @slangley ,

Here are my answers:

What version of ThingWorx are you running? 

ThingWorxFlow-8.5.3

What information is available in the logs at \ThingworxStorage\logs?

ApplicationLog attached

What do you mean by "Also deleted the connected account?"  Are you referring to the account credentials for the external system? Yes I deleted the account credentials for the external system

otluk
12-Amethyst

The issue occured probably because of upgrading Thingworx Flow to a newer version.

The issue I was hitting earlier is that no Flows were showing in the Flow webpage. But after a restart to all the services(Twx+Flow+Nginx+Postgres+RabbitMQ) everything is working. Just to be safe you should make a Backup or snapshot to the DB before starting. To remove them follow these steps:

1. Open pgAdmin and scroll to Databases>thingworx_db>schemas>public>tables
  2. Query the remaining Flows in tables: servicedefinitions & serviceimplementations using: select * from serviceimplementations where name ='flow_name';
  3. Stop all other services except Postgres
  4. Run a delete queries on those entries in both tables. I used: delete from serviceimplementations where name ='flow_name';
  5. Start all services back again. The Flows should be deleted
Top Tags