cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

ThingWorx Foundation Trial for H2 installation fails

HansLiu
3-Visitor

ThingWorx Foundation Trial for H2 installation fails

hello ,

please find attached logs

2020-07-07-17-09-49.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello again,

Looking over the logs once more I can indeed see that the JAVA_HOME is set correctly to the JDK as it should be. However what I did notice was that you are using Java 11. Per the ThingWorx 9.0 System Requirements ThingWorx 9.0 only supports Oracle JDK 8 Update 241 or higher.

Can you please try to reinstall using Java 8 instead of Java 11?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello HansLiu,

Can you please confirm if you have set the JAVA_HOME environment variable on this machine? This should be set to the JDK install path prior to launching the installer.

HansLiu
3-Visitor
(To:tmisner)

yes.  java home is correct!

please find attached logs 

Hello again,

Looking over the logs once more I can indeed see that the JAVA_HOME is set correctly to the JDK as it should be. However what I did notice was that you are using Java 11. Per the ThingWorx 9.0 System Requirements ThingWorx 9.0 only supports Oracle JDK 8 Update 241 or higher.

Can you please try to reinstall using Java 8 instead of Java 11?

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:HansLiu)

Hi @HansLiu.

Were you able to resolve your issue by replacing the java version?  If so, please mark the previous post as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same issue.

Thank you for participating in our community!

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags