cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

ThingWorx foundation on google cloud

VK_10079185
8-Gravel

ThingWorx foundation on google cloud

Can you share some information about thingworx deployment on google cloud (if supported) or the Factory Insights As A Service (FIAAS) offering available with Google cloud?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @VK_10079185 

Disclaimer: I'm another Vladimir, not VladimirN

The following information is valid only for ThingWorx Foundation installs - I am not aware of FIaaS has other specific requirements.

If you look in the PTC Help Center, at the System Requirements section, you will see the that we recommend certain characteristics of the machine that would run ThingWorx. If that machine is bare metal or a VM running in any cloud, it does not matter. Meaning that you can install ThingWorx on  any VM offerings of any cloud provider (not only Azure, AWS, GCP).

However, what you need to keep in mind is that we do not support the DBaaS offerings that are typically available as a service in those service providers. This means that you would need to install the chosen DB Server in a VM and use that version. This information is seen if you access the Release Advisor, from the same page I shared above. You will note there that the Database - Server OS section does not contain any DBaaS offerings (only semi-exception being Azure SQL Logical Server / Managed Instance).

So, in a nutshell, if you use any of the software versions listed in the software release matrix, you can use any of the cloud providers out there.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

The only mention in the referenced docs I found is here, quote (article - "ThingWorx Secure Deployment Hub", link: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS318702

Pic-1.png

A similar question was previously here - "Thingworx foundation on Google Cloud": https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Thingworx-foundation-on-Google-Cloud/td-p/588041

Thanks for your response @VladimirN.

So, if I understand correctly, Google cloud deployment is not officially supported by PTC but it is possible to deploy ThingWorx on Google cloud infra. Previous post is an older one and raised it again to know if there are any updates as part of new releases.

Hi @VK_10079185 

Disclaimer: I'm another Vladimir, not VladimirN

The following information is valid only for ThingWorx Foundation installs - I am not aware of FIaaS has other specific requirements.

If you look in the PTC Help Center, at the System Requirements section, you will see the that we recommend certain characteristics of the machine that would run ThingWorx. If that machine is bare metal or a VM running in any cloud, it does not matter. Meaning that you can install ThingWorx on  any VM offerings of any cloud provider (not only Azure, AWS, GCP).

However, what you need to keep in mind is that we do not support the DBaaS offerings that are typically available as a service in those service providers. This means that you would need to install the chosen DB Server in a VM and use that version. This information is seen if you access the Release Advisor, from the same page I shared above. You will note there that the Database - Server OS section does not contain any DBaaS offerings (only semi-exception being Azure SQL Logical Server / Managed Instance).

So, in a nutshell, if you use any of the software versions listed in the software release matrix, you can use any of the cloud providers out there.

Top Tags