cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

ThingWorx to SAP SAPODataConnector "Unable to execute service GetEndpointList"

kkrisztian
4-Participant

ThingWorx to SAP SAPODataConnector "Unable to execute service GetEndpointList"

Hello guys,

We are not very familiar with ThingWorx yet.

we are trying to establish connection between SAP and ThingWorx, using the following post:

https://community.ptc.com/t5/IoT-Tech-Tips/SAPODataConnector-hands-on-8-0/m-p/534382?sr=stream

We created an account on SAP DEMO system (SAP Netweaver Gateway).

We are trying to connect to SAP DEMO system using our credentials, but we got an the following error:

Unable to execute service GetEndpointList on Controller_Thing : Your route exchange has failed. Resource Error [java.security.NoSuchAlgorithmException: Error constructing implementation (algorithm: Default, provider: SunJSSE, class: sun.security.ssl.SSLContextImpl$DefaultSSLContext)]

We are using ThingWorx 8.3.3-b937, and it is running on Cloud VM.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kkrisztian
4-Participant
(To:kkrisztian)

Hi Sharon,

Sorry for the delay. I would like to thank you very much for you opened the ticket for me.

The good news is, we can replace the communication process from OData to REST API services.

It makes so much easier our work.

Thank you again.

Regards,

Krisztian

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi kkrisztian.

Have you validated that the ports are open on both the source and target systems to allow the traffic?  You can start by running telnet to see if you can hit the port on SAP from the ThingWorx host?

telnet {host} {port}

Since telnet could be blocked, you can also run tracert to determine where the failure is occurring.  You may need to involve your network engineering team to assist.  It may be necessary to create firewall rules at both the server and network level to allow the traffic.

Regards.

--Sharon

kkrisztian
4-Participant
(To:slangley)

Hi Sharon,

Thank you for your answer.

We checked the ports, all the ports are open.

We assume that we need to check the configuration of Integration runtime subsystem.

Regards,

Krisztian

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @kkrisztian.

Take a look at this Tech Tip to see if it may provide some guidance.  It was written for an older version of ThingWorx but most of it still applies.

Regards.

--Sharon

kkrisztian
4-Participant

Hi Sharon,

We used that guide to implement ThingWorx to SAP Data Connector.
But we assume we have problem with "Integration runtime", we found this article, so based on that we need to update "integration-runtime.json" file(s).

Regards,
Krisztian

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @kkrisztian.

I'm confused.  The article you referenced doesn't appear to be related to the issue you initially posted about.  Were you able to proceed past that initial error? 

It may be best to open a case for this issue.  With your approval, I'll be happy to open one on your behalf.

Regards.

--Sharon

kkrisztian
4-Participant

Hi Sharon,

Yes it would be very helpful if you could open a new issue.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Krisztian

kkrisztian
4-Participant

Hi Sharon,

Sorry for the delay. I would like to thank you very much for you opened the ticket for me.

The good news is, we can replace the communication process from OData to REST API services.

It makes so much easier our work.

Thank you again.

Regards,

Krisztian

Top Tags