cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Thingworx 7.1.0 support mqtt?

yhuang-21
1-Newbie

Thingworx 7.1.0 support mqtt?

Hi,

I know thingworx 7.1.0 support mqtt. I understand it is available through MQTT extension, so I download one and install the MQTT extension to my thingworx.But  whenever I make some change at a thing creat by MQTTConnection template and click the save button, it keep saving and can not do anything.

Thanks in advance.

16 REPLIES 16

Remove the extension , restart the tomcat , import the extension and then make a thing and try editing . Let me know if you still face the problem.

Hi Ravi Upadhyay,

I want to try your way, but I can't delete the thing create by MQTTConnection template.  So, I can't remove the extension too. But I will have a try to remove the extension.Do you have any idea, pls let me know.

Thanks you very much!

And there have the reason  why delete thing failed:

supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:yhuang-21)

Yi, the error is quite interesting even though it's true that you can't delete the extension because there are entities depending on it still exist but also you have data store time out error. Are you having issues while editing and saving any other entity?

When you try to edit the MQTT extension entity and save it have you checked the application log during that period? Also do check if the broker is reachable during that time because re-saving the entity will try to re-establish the connection. Which persistence provider do you have with your ThingWorx?

Hi Sushant Pandey,

I try again and cheked the application log, and there have some error when saving the change:

1、Error occurred while accessing the model provider.

2、Unable to connect to MQTT in [stream_test] : 已连接客户机

3、Unable to process import: Unable to update thing: [1,012] Data store timeout error: [Error occurred while accessing the model provider

And I can also see the this thing connected to my mosquitto broker as client when I save the modify, but it can't be saved.

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Yi, which persistence provider is used with ThingWorx? Could you please also check the catalina.out log from Tomcat corresponding to the same time when you are getting those errors in Applicationlog.log

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi yi huang​,

Could you please try restarting your Tomcat to see if it resolves this issue?

Hi Ankit Gupta,

I have resolve this issue by restart my Tomcat, Thank you very much!!

You need to first restart the tomcat and then you will be able to delete the thing . and then remove the mqtt and import it again.

make sure config is correct after creating the new thing from mqqt template

ankigupta
5-Regular Member
(To:rupadhyay-2)

Hi Ravi Upadhyay​,

Is there any specific reason to delete the extension? Per my understanding there is no requirement to delete/re-import the extension unless you are suggesting to import a new version of extension.

Hi Ankit Gupta  I had similar problem where it was not getting deleted and it was showing something similar like deleting all the time . I did restart the tomcat and removed the extension and imported again and it fixed  the issue.

Furthermore , there might be some issues with version of MQTT extension , he is using , this will also come up to surface and we might need to ask to import another version of Extn.

If you remember , we had similar problem with extension not getting deleted with one of our client and I suggested you a restart and it worked . So I am trying the same here.

Hi  Ravi Upadhyay,

I have try to restart my tomcat, and I can delet the thing successfully. But it seem  not necessary to reinstall the extension, when I create another thing by MQTTConnection  Template. It can be save and connected to my mosquitto broker successful.

Thank you very much for reply!

yes it does support mqtt

But why can't I save my configure change when  I create one thing by MQTTConnection  template? Just like the picture above,  it keeping saving,  but can't n be saved successfully.

ankigupta
5-Regular Member

Hi yi huang​,

Are there any errors in the ThingWorx Application logs?

Thanks,

Ankit Gupta

Hi  Ankit Gupta,

Thank you for reply,  there have some errors and warmings in the Thingworx Application logs like below, But I do not understand what's wrong with this?Do you have any idea?

Chinese indicates that the response to the server is waiting to be timed out.

Top Tags