cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Thingworx 8.2 deactivation and licence transfer

jgabriel
12-Amethyst

Thingworx 8.2 deactivation and licence transfer

Hello,

I need to activate on premise demo with available Thingworx 8.2 offline site licence (Licensing Guide for disconnected sites). Can this licence be safely and easily removed afterwards and transferred to production environment?

Thanks JG.

7 REPLIES 7
supandey
19-Tanzanite
(To:jgabriel)

Hi @jgabriel i think this should be possible when doing offline installation since there as far as i know you will have to enter the device id manually to fetch the license capability file. So you could probably use that to switch your licenses between the instances. Have you already tried this?

jgabriel
12-Amethyst
(To:supandey)

I did offline licence installation and it went fine. But I am not sure how to deactivate or if that is necessity...

supandey
19-Tanzanite

My understanding is that once you have downloaded (activated licensed features on 1 device ID) it will only work for that 1 device ID - all previous Device ID would not be valid/active anymore. Let us know if you are seeing otherwise, in that case it may need further investigation.
jgabriel
12-Amethyst

I have not switched my licence yet...

But essentially what you saying is that licence is automatically valid for device with latest licence activation? No extra step?

Note: Offline site will continue to run, but it is against licensing policy?

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Understood. Sorry but i don't have a concrete answer at this point as this will need license management's involvement. Though i would expect that offline instance will continue to work, but it is likely against the licensing policy and would not be recommended way to continue using offline instance. Also what i am not aware of is how are the licensed features are divided between the deviceIDs.

Would it be possible for you to open a support case for this, if not please let me know and I can have that open for you to check for this detail.

jgabriel
12-Amethyst

I could open up the ticket, but so far my tickets about licensing were just waste of time... =(

supandey
19-Tanzanite

Sorry to hear that, however it'll be helpful if you can open one for this topic under the product ThingWorx so it gets routed to right queue and additionally you can privately message me the ticket number (in case you don't want to put it out publicly) and I could follow on that with concerned colleague to clarify this situation.

Hopefully that may help somehow to elevate your experience with tech tickets 

Top Tags