cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Thingworx 8.4 - Time Series chart has no x or y axis

randomrnti
4-Participant

Thingworx 8.4 - Time Series chart has no x or y axis

I've been playing around with Thingworx 8.4 Trial and for some reason I'm unable to set the Data Fields using using QueryPropertyHistory Data.  They just show up as blank and it seems no matter what I do it remains this way.  I've imported this from 8.3 and it was working correctly in that version.  I've created a new Thing and tried to use it's data and I still keep getting the same issue.  Not sure if it's another permissions issue but anyone have any ideas?

bug.png

6 REPLIES 6

Hi, I'm using 8.4.2, TimeSeries chart could work in my side.

image.png

Do you have infotable result for your Accelerometer thing Query service? If it's blank, it may meet such problem

randomrnti
4-Participant
(To:zyuan1)

How do I perform this check?

Additionally, adding in the data, when I run the mashup it will show all the values.  Yet I still can't select x or y axis.

bug2.png

You are using timeseries chart, so by default, the x chart will display Datetime value, and the y chart will display numeric value.   You have 6 lines in the chart, meaning that they are treated as 6 independent data sources.

If you want to select your own x,y chart, use Label chart instead.

randomrnti
4-Participant

I've tried other charts and I'm still getting the same issue.  When I add the QueryPropertyHistory All Data to the Data Input on any chart widget.  None of the meta data appears in the drop down list for data fields, x axis, y axis, etc.  So it's not working for any of the charts like Label chart, time series, line chart, pie chart, etc.  The current workaround is that I'm able to make the data field changes in a seperate thingworx instance and then import those changes into this thingworx instance.  It will display the data correctly when running the mashup but I can't make any edits and have to reimport additional changes :/  This is the second time my instance has got into this state.

What's your detailed TWX version?   Was it installed with TWX installer, Navigate Installer or something else?

When you bind infotable data to a Chart, please also bind it to a Grid and send me the screenshot.

randomrnti
4-Participant

It's ThingWorx 8.4.0-b2013.  It was the TWX installer for Linux.  I haven't been able to replicate it when I tried on my local Windows machine.test1.PNGtest2.PNG

Top Tags