cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Thingworx 8.4 Trial Warning: Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete Ubuntu

mikefinch87
10-Marble

Thingworx 8.4 Trial Warning: Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete Ubuntu

Following the steps in this guide I was able to get the installer to run, but it's failing.  Error message is not of much help.  Following some forum recommendations I uninstalled and reinstalled the OS.  i.e. new VM.  Running Ubuntu 18.04 on an Azure F4 VM.

It appears to be similar to this unsolved windows 7 issue, which was asking for some logs, I attached the install.log in case that is relevant

Any thoughts on what to try next?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Configuration Summary

Review and confirm the following configuration settings:

Installation directory: /opt/ThingWorxH2Trial-8.4.0-SNAPSHOT

Local ThingWorx port: 8080

Local ThingWorx SSL port: 443

Minimum Java heap size for ThingWorx: 1024

Maximum Java heap size for ThingWorx: 2048

Press [Enter] to continue:

Setup is ready to install ThingWorx Trial for H2.

Do you want to continue? [Y/n]: Y

Setup is installing ThingWorx Trial for H2. This might take a few minutes.

0% ______________ 50% ______________ 100%
 ########################################Warning: Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete
correctly
 Error running ./check-http-response --username "Administrator" --password ****
--hostname "localhost" --hostport "443" --useSSL=1: 1
Warning: Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete
correctly
 Error occured while running postInstall Validation scripts
#

ThingWorx Trial for H2 installation failed.

Error: There has been an error.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I used a Windows server and was able to get ThingWorx running.  I have not tried the manual instructions.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Hi @mikefinch87 

I checked the attached install logs and looks like the issue is due to insufficient rights. Please check this article for more information.

Thanks,

Vibhuti

I tried a fresh install of jdk 1.8.0u221 following the instructions here.  Same  results:

########################################Warning: Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete
correctly
--hostname "localhost" --hostport "443" --useSSL=1: 1
Warning: Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete
correctly

Thoughts on how to get this to run on Ubuntu

@mikefinch87  Please check this post,hope this is helpful.

I'm sorry, I do not see the connection.  This thread appears to be about running the liscenced version in a container.  I am trying to run the Trial version in a VM.  Can you be any more specific?

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:mikefinch87)

Hi @mikefinch87.

I see you're installing with SSL selected.  Is is possible port 443 is already in use?

You could try installing without SSL and configure that later if the installation succeeds.

Regards.

--Sharon

I don't think so, as it's the only thing running on the VM.  I will try the non-ssl installation and let you know if that succeedsd.   I tried a Win10 VM and was able to get the installer to complete successfully.  I still need to get the webserver exposed outside of Azure.  If I get bogged down there I'll start a separate thread, I assume that is operator error in my Azure setup.

@slangley   I get the same results not using SSL.  I'm starting to think there is an issue with the installer.

Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete
correctly
--hostname "localhost" --hostport "80" --useSSL=0: 1
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @mikefinch87.

There have been some issues with the installers and those are being addressed in the next release--due out in the near future.

To circumvent the issues, you can follow the manual installation instructions available here.  Please remember to check the system requirements to eliminate the possibility of compatibility issues.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @mikefinch87.

Were you able to use the manual installation instructions to solve your issue?  I found out recently that the 8.5 trial would not be available until the November timeframe.

If you would like to open a case for this, we would then be able to schedule a WebEx to walk you through the manual installation process.

Regards.

--Sharon

I used a Windows server and was able to get ThingWorx running.  I have not tried the manual instructions.

Top Tags