cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Thingworx 8.5.1 with MSSQL version 2017

vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

Thingworx 8.5.1 with MSSQL version 2017

Hi,

I have installed Thingworx version 8.5.1 with MSSQL server 2017 as default persistence provider.

I have one doubt on thingworx database creation on SQL.

Do we need to add the name "twschema" under thingworx database?. I have not added twschema name but schema tables are created when I run the below schema command. Refer the attached screenshot for schema thingworx tables after running the schema script. I have created manually database name "thingworx".

thingworxMssqlSchemaSetup.bat -h <server> -i <server-instance> -p <port> -l <login-name> -d <thingworx-database-name> -o all

Regards,

Latha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
c_lowy
16-Pearl
(To:vi1)

Yes, so right now the schema containing your ThingWorx tables is called "dbo" which is the default schema in SQL Server for a newly created database (The dbo Schema).
When you run the thingworxMssqlDBSetup.bat script you can choose to use a different schema name using the -s option as per MSSQL Database Setup for ThingWorx: Windows but this is not a requirement. If you do not set any specific value, schema "dbo" will be used.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
c_lowy
16-Pearl

Hi @vi1,

No schema needs to be created manually when setting up SQL Server for ThingWorx. 

• If you are using the ThingWorx Foundation Installer, the required steps before running the Installer are documented at the following link in the "Prerequisites for Windows with Microsoft SQL Server" paragraph : ThingWorx Foundation Installer
    • Only the twadmin user and the thingworx database are created manually
  • If you are performing the installation manually, the required steps are documented here : MSSQL Database Setup for ThingWorx: Windows
    • Only the twadmin user is created manually
vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:c_lowy)

Hi,

Thank you for response. I have not created schemas manually. I have performed scripts which they have mentioned on install.

My doubt is do we need to add the schema name(<schema-name>) under database?. Currently all schemas are created under Table which I have shared screenshot in previous.

thingworxMssqlDBSetup.bat -h <server> -i <server-instance> -p <port> -a <database-admin-user-name> -l <login-name> -d <thingworx-database-name> -u <thingworx-user-name> -s <schema-name>

Regards,

Latha

c_lowy
16-Pearl

Yes, so right now the schema containing your ThingWorx tables is called "dbo" which is the default schema in SQL Server for a newly created database (The dbo Schema).
When you run the thingworxMssqlDBSetup.bat script you can choose to use a different schema name using the -s option as per MSSQL Database Setup for ThingWorx: Windows but this is not a requirement. If you do not set any specific value, schema "dbo" will be used.

I hope this helps.

vi1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:c_lowy)

Thank you for clarification.

Top Tags