cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Thingworx 9.1 and InfluxDB 2.0

WB_9962145
6-Contributor

Thingworx 9.1 and InfluxDB 2.0

Hello,

I'm currently trying to use InfluxDB 2.0 as a persistent provider with Thingworx 9.1.

I tried following the tutorials on the PTC support websites but they only explain how to set it up using InfluxDB 1.7 and 1.8.

I tried following those same steps documented there but i realized that the Data Base concept had changed in the 2.0 version of InfluxDB, which made it impossible to go on with the tutorial. As i started getting errors trying to execute CREATE DATABASE function.

Thank you in advance

WB_9962145_0-1627587425099.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

InfluxDB 2.0 is not supported in ThingWorx 9.1

9.2 is due to release in a week or two, and InfluxDB 2.0 could be supported there, as far as I know.

Not exactly sure about it, though - I believe I've seen InfluxDB 2.0 in the list of the supported DBs for 9.2.0 in the release advisor a few weeks ago, but it's not there now.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

InfluxDB 2.0 is not supported in ThingWorx 9.1

9.2 is due to release in a week or two, and InfluxDB 2.0 could be supported there, as far as I know.

Not exactly sure about it, though - I believe I've seen InfluxDB 2.0 in the list of the supported DBs for 9.2.0 in the release advisor a few weeks ago, but it's not there now.

Hi Guy,

Since 9.2 is released, could you please confirm InfluxDB 2.0 is support by new version? I checked support matrix, looks like InfluxDB 2.0 is not mentioned over there. Please help. Thanks.

Don't see it either. Seems it's not supported for now.

Thanks, do you know where can we check the planned release notes for next version or where can we register this request (support influxDB 2.0) formally? Thanks.

@ZZ_9465428 , 3 approaches come to my mind offhand

1) Create a new idea in the Thingworx Ideas community.

2) Open a tech support case (unlikely, but it's probably worth a shot)

3) Try to draw attention to this topic by tagging someone from PTC with '@' in a post. I would bet on this one

Top Tags