cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Thingworx Analytics 8.3 create dataset error, who can help?

ShengLiangQiu
10-Marble

Thingworx Analytics 8.3 create dataset error, who can help?

I am using TWX 8.3.1 + TWA 8.3.1 + Extension 8.3.1 and install all these components follow the guides. When I try to create a dataset using the sample data I got the error:

[context: com.thingworx.webservices.context.HttpExecutionContext@4c388b93][message: Execution error in service script [CreateDatasetAMS] :: Error returned from service [500]: Unexpected error occurred:Job submission for com.thingworx.analytics.data.service.CreateDataSetJob@7ab4efc8 of type CreateDataSetJob failed:]

and it remaining creating the dataset without any response. The only difference is that I give the machine 8G memory while 16G required in the document. who can help on this, thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Christophe,

I have solved the issue, I didn't set the JAVA_HOME, so the zookeeper wasn't started, now it works, thanks a lot.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @ShengLiangQiu

The memory could be an issue.
You are unlikely to have a good experience with 8Gb of RAM with TWX and TWA installed.
You may want to try increasing this and check how it behave.

If you still have issue could you clarify:

- what is the OS used ?

- can you upload log files for ThingWorx and ThingWorx Analytics (see https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS268761)

Thanks

Christophe

Hi Christophe,

Please see attached log files from TWX and TWA, seems the zookeeper is not started, I have no idea, maybe the memory issue as you said.

By the way, the OS is Win 2012 server.

Hi Christophe,

I have solved the issue, I didn't set the JAVA_HOME, so the zookeeper wasn't started, now it works, thanks a lot.

Hi @ShengLiangQiu.

For the benefit of others in the community, please mark your last reply as the Accepted Solution.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags