cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Thingworx Analytics Best Practices

vieirac1
9-Granite

Thingworx Analytics Best Practices

Hello Team,

We are doing some tests with Thingworx Analytics 9 and have the following questions:

1. Is there any better guide or best practices document on how to use the Thingworx Analytics APIs?

2. We also ran a test where we created a model training job on analytics server thru the API, we have confirmed the job completion using the API, but we can´t see the model in the Analytics Builder UI – anything we need to include in the API so we can see the model in the Analytics Builder UI?

3. Do we have any examples of Thingworx Analytics API calls and use cases?

Tks,
Chris

1 REPLY 1
nsampat
17-Peridot
(To:vieirac1)

@vieirac1 ,

I believe you also opened a case for this inquiry, and I have reached out to you on that case.

I will copy and paste the info I sent you in the email for the case here as well:

• Is there any better guide or best practices document on how to use the Thingworx Analytics APIs?
  • We also ran a test where we created a model training job on analytics server thru the API, we have confirmed the job completion using the API, but we can´t see the model in the Analytics Builder UI – anything we need to include in the API so we can see the model in the Analytics Builder UI?
    • This is working as designed as there are extra flags that need to be included in the message to see API submitted datasets and jobs in builder. If a client wishes to use Builder, it is recommended they submit and perform all work via the UI. Jobs submitted by API cannot be modified or transformed in the UI as there are additional processes such as Validation sets and backend services that need to create additional references. Clients will not see any visualizations created from API Submitted jobs in Builder either. It is recommended that the client choose to stick with API only, or with the UI only, as using both is not a best practice for ThingWorx Analytics.
  • Do we have any examples of Thingworx Analytics API calls and use cases?

Please let me know if this provides the requested info by marking this comment as "Solution Accepted"

Regards,

Neel

Top Tags