cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Thingworx Auditing logs

PreetiGupta
14-Alexandrite

Thingworx Auditing logs

I am starting a new thread on this topic.

What is the PTC's plan for keeping permanent records for user activities tracking, IP addresses etc tracking. We have compliance requirements and we need to keep these records for lifetime of Thingworx Platform.

Background Info:

We implemented Thingworx Navigate App for search, view and downloading PLM Windchill documents. Our userbase is quite large - 25k+ users. We need to be able to track user activities on the platform.

There was a suggestion on this forum to create external database to store such information. I think that this need is common across all PTC customers. I think that we need a solution from PTC which will be helpful for all of us.

thanks,

Preeti

2 REPLIES 2
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:PreetiGupta)

There are areas where you can suggest new features here on the Community as well as on support.ptc.com

I would say that in the short term, the suggestion of having your own database and doing your own tracking is probably the way to go.

There are certain things that can be leveraged potentially to help you out.

Security Log

System statistics

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:PreetiGupta)

Hi @PreetiGupta

If you feel your question has been answered, please mark the previous response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags