cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Thingworx Flow installation on CentOS

BradC
7-Bedrock

Thingworx Flow installation on CentOS

I managed to install thingworx foundation 8.5 on CentOS using the Red Hat installer. However when I try install the Full installer which includes both foundation and flow or run the flow installer after installing Foundation first, it fails.

The following message is displayed:

Installing ThingWorx Flow for PostgreSQL
0% ______________ 50% ______________ 100%
########################################

Warning: A problem occurred during installation that may cause an unsuccessful 
installation.
flow Installation Failed
Press [Enter] to continue:
#

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Setup has finished installing ThingWorx Flow for PostgreSQL on your computer.

Error: There has been an error.
ThingWorx Flow for PostgreSQL installation failed. Please check the logs.

However no files or logs are found in /opt/ThingWorxFlow-8.5.0. Has anyone else had success with CentOS and Flow?

6 REPLIES 6

ThingWorx Flow is officially supported only on Windows Server 2016 (Administrator access) & RHEL 7.5.

I have not tried to install on CentOS. However, while installing on Windows a file named ThingWorxPostgres_install.log is created during the installation. You may check this file for any hint.

BradC
7-Bedrock
(To:rjanardan)

Hi rjanardan 

Thats what is strange. It gets to 100 % and fails but does not leave any log files.

Hello @BradC,

Sorry, I don't have a solution, but you might want to try running this right after the failure:

find / -mmin -10 -ls

It will show you all files modified on your system within the last 10 minutes, maybe you'll be able to find some relevant logs this way...

Or try to check systemd logs in the background: 

journalctl

/ Constantine

NSS
14-Alexandrite
14-Alexandrite
(To:BradC)

Hey , any solution here after 4 years

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:NSS)

Hi @NSS.

Decisions regarding the platforms supported are determined by assessing those operating systems in greatest use by our customer base.  At this point in time, there are no plans to support CentOS.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:BradC)

Hi @BradC.

If one of the previous responses answered your question (even if it wasn't the answer you wanted), please mark the appropriate one as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags