cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Thingworx Foundation Installer Issue

Sathishkumar_C
17-Peridot

Thingworx Foundation Installer Issue

1. We have installed Thingworx Foundation with "ThingWorxFoundationMSSQL-9.1.9-x64" installer with Windows 10
  2. For some other issues, we had reset the entire windows system. So, every software installed in the system removed including Thingworx and MSSQL.
  3. Now, I'm trying to re-install again Thingworx Foundation with "ThingWorxFoundationMSSQL-9.1.9-x64". But we are getting an error...
    There has been error.
    This version of thingworx foundation already installed​.

Sathishkumar_C_0-1663861369510.png

If I'm trying to install some other version of Thingworx...

Sathishkumar_C_1-1663861517514.png

How to resolve this issue and install Thingworx Foundation?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Followed the article.. Following a failed attempt to install ThingWorx 8.5 Foundation/Flow, subsequent attempts result in error "Previous installation of ThingWorx-Foundation is found"

and deleted the Thingworx service using folowing command and installed.

sc delete ThingWorx-Foundation

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Hi @Sathishkumar_C 

Have you checked the ThingWorx Platform folder? Could be some files have not been removed from there yet

Have you also checked the Database schema ? maybe creating a new schema which different from the first schema of the ThingWorx Model DB ?

Thanks

Somehow started the installer...

But in between installation fails... Getting following error. Attached logs also/

Sathishkumar_C_0-1663903039393.png

Hi @Sathishkumar_C,

You may refer to the following article to see if it helps:

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/cs329897

Hi @Sathishkumar_C 

Check the user profile folder in Windows for the user that originally ran the install.   Look for a folder called .ptc_ccif.   For example:  C:\Users\Administrator\.ptc_ccif.   Since you're planning to do a fresh install, you can safely remove this folder.

Regards.

--Sharon

@Sathishkumar_C ,

I faced this before, 

Either older version Files still exist on the system, or any service of an older version is running in the system. Need to delete the files and stop the services if they are running.

Thanks,

Shashi Preetham

Hello @Sathishkumar_C 

I would like to suggest you to open a new case with IT Support team( share the case number on this thread) or pls let me know I can open on your behalf .

Kindly let me know.

Regards

Bhawna

Followed the article.. Following a failed attempt to install ThingWorx 8.5 Foundation/Flow, subsequent attempts result in error "Previous installation of ThingWorx-Foundation is found"

and deleted the Thingworx service using folowing command and installed.

sc delete ThingWorx-Foundation

Top Tags