cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Thingworx Foundation Trial Installation fails

Krathi123
7-Bedrock

Thingworx Foundation Trial Installation fails

Hello everyone,

I am trying to install ThingWorxFoundationH2Trial-8.5.0-x64.

I am using Windows 10 Pro

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz, 1801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

java version "1.8.0_241"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_241-b07)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.241-b07, mixed mode)

The installation terminated at 72%.I have shared the screen shot and log file below .

Error running C:\opscode\chef\bin\chef-client -z --config "C:/PROGRA~2/THINGW~1.0\installer\foundation\knife.rb" -j "C:/PROGRA~2/THINGW~1.0\installer\foundation.json" -L "C:/PROGRA~2/THINGW~1.0\installer\logs\foundation-20200312133059.log": Program ended with an error exit code

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:Krathi123)

Hi @Krathi123 

I don't think there is any issue with Chef.

Chef is used to deploy the application so when something fails that is often while executing a chef command but that is not the underlying issue.

Looking closer at your log file it seems you are using JDK 13.0.2.

This is most likely the issue, ThingWorx only support Java 8, see the System Requirements in Help Center.

Could you please uninstall JDK 13 and insatll a JDK 8, update PATH and JAVA_HOME variable and try again.

Hope this helps

Christophe

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

@Krathi123 

I would recommend to check under %TEMP% folder and look at all the bitrock*log files, not just the latest or largest. There are sometimes some smaller one created with root cause in them.

Other than that, did you check the resolution of https://community.ptc.com/t5/ThingWorx-Developers/Can-t-Install-ThingWorx-8-5-Trial-Version/td-p/652108 ?

Your log file appear very similar.

Thanks

Christophe

hi Christophe,

@cmorfin 

Thank you for your response.

I had already set JAVA_HOME & PATH under system variable and there was only 1 bitrock file  generated at the time of installation.I tried installing Thingworx again.Its throwing same error.

ThingWorx Foundation Trial for H2 Installation in Progress...
Executing C:\opscode\chef\bin\chef-client
Error running C:\opscode\chef\bin\chef-client -z --config "C:/PROGRA~2/THINGW~1.0\installer\foundation\knife.rb" -j "C:/PROGRA~2/THINGW~1.0\installer\foundation.json" -L "C:/PROGRA~2/THINGW~1.0\installer\logs\foundation-20200312183215.log": Program ended with an error exit code

there is problem with  chef-client.Can i uninstall Chef Client separately  before installing thingworx again?.Is that required?

Thanks,

Krathi

cmorfin
19-Tanzanite

Hi @Krathi123 

I don't think there is any issue with Chef.

Chef is used to deploy the application so when something fails that is often while executing a chef command but that is not the underlying issue.

Looking closer at your log file it seems you are using JDK 13.0.2.

This is most likely the issue, ThingWorx only support Java 8, see the System Requirements in Help Center.

Could you please uninstall JDK 13 and insatll a JDK 8, update PATH and JAVA_HOME variable and try again.

Hope this helps

Christophe

Hi @cmorfin 

Thank you , I was able to install the trail version.

Top Tags