cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Thingworx IOS SDK

tscur
13-Aquamarine

Thingworx IOS SDK

Hey guys,

Can someone help me with using the IOS SDK for Thingworx? I have already uploaded it from the Marketplace but I can't seem to find any guides or step-by-step to find samples. The file comes as the type "File" but I can't open it.

UPDATE: I tried using the C SDK to connect the SteamSensor example to my phone with the Thingworx Edge app but it doesn't work as I said in my reply. Need help.

Thank you,

Taciano

13 REPLIES 13
tscur
13-Aquamarine
(To:tscur)

I downloaded the C SDK to try and use it instead to connect to my Thingworx Edge app but it still doesn't work. I've been trying to connect my phone to the SteamSensor example in the C SDK that I imported in my Thingworx. Also, I created the app key, entered the server and port in the Edge app but it just keeps trying to connect to the server. How could I solve this problem?

There is very little information on how to connect the phone to Thingworx and I need more help, please.

Thank you,

Taciano

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @tscur.

We're not clear on your use case.  Can you provide some details around the need to connect your phone to the SteamSensor?

You can find information on the iOS SDK in the ThingWorx Help Center.

Regards.

--Sharon

tscur
13-Aquamarine
(To:slangley)

Thanks for answering @slangley.

I just used the SteamSensor as an example. My goal is to connect my Phone to Thingworx (it can be another Remote Thing, I created one but I still wasn't able to connect to Thingworx) to get sensor data e.g. location.

Regards,

Taciano

tscur
13-Aquamarine

As for the IOS SDK, I saw the Help Center, but the problem is with the archive, I'll upload a photo of it so you can see it.

IOS SDK File.png

The type is "File" (?). I can't open it.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @tscur.

I downloaded to check.  Once you unzip the .gzip, a .tar folder is created:

In that folder, is a .tar file that will also need to be unzipped:

The new folder will contain the following:

If you're seeing something different, you may want to download again.

Regards.

--Sharon

tscur
13-Aquamarine

Ok @slangley , and to connect my Phone to Thingworx, would you be able to help me? I downloaded Thingworx Edge in Apple Store, inputted the data (Server, Port, App key and Thingname) but it doesn't connect, this is an image of it:

error message.jpegdata.jpeg

It just keeps loading and loading...

I was finally able to unzip the IOS SDK gzip file. Thank you!

Regards,

Taciano

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @tscur.

From the screenshots you provided, I can see that you are connecting to one of our test sites.  It's possible that we don't allow this type of access.  Have you reached out to the team that supports this site to see if it is allowed?  If not, you can try installing a trial version of the software on your local machine for testing it that way.

Regards.

--Sharon

tscur
13-Aquamarine

Hi @slangley ,

I already have a trial downloaded and also have tried with it, it just doesn't work. How could I reach out to someone that could help me with this connection?

Regards,

Taciano

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @tscur.

What do the logs show?

Regards.

--Sharon

tscur
13-Aquamarine

Hi @slangley ,

Nothing, I tried refreshing them while connecting but they don't show anything about something trying to connect.

thxedge.jpeg

This is the description of the app. I don't know why it doesn't connect.

Regards,

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @tscur.

Since the iOS SDK on the Marketplace is outdated and will at some point be removed, we have been working to obtain some examples in our documentation for the C SDK.  However, at this point, there does not seem to be much demand for this.  If you and others on the community can provide some details regarding your need, I will follow -up to raise the awareness.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @tscur.

I am working to try to get more information on this.  Once I have additional information, I'll let you know.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @tscur.

I was advised that the iOS SDK would be removed from the Marketplace, and it is not advisable to use it as it has not been tested with the latest releases and is not supported.

You will need to use the C SDK instead.  We will be working to provide iOS examples in the future as well as support for iOS via the C SDK.

I am following up to track when this information becomes available and will let you know.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags