cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Thingworx Installation on Win 10 Pro

PD_10219246
6-Contributor

Thingworx Installation on Win 10 Pro

Can  ThingWorx platform be installed on Windows 10 pro OS (64-Bit)  with SQL server, or does it need to be on a windows server 2016 OS?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @PD_10219246 ,

You should look at the "Server OS" section as that lists the OS where you can install the platform.

The "Client OS" lists the OS from where you can access ThingWorx (by using a browser), not where you can install ThingWorx,

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

"Can" and "will it be supported" are different questions.

Most probably it can be installed, even if I did not test that personally.

However, PTC supports ThingWorx if it is installed only in specific OS.

To find out which OS we support, go to support.ptc.com, search Release Advisor, select your product and click on the Release Matrix.

You will see that at the time of this writing, ThingWorx 9.3.6 is supported in RHEL 8.2, RHEL 8.4, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 20.04 and Windows Server 2019.

Please check this information on your end, and do not rely on it as you see it in the forum - the Release Advisor is the authoritative location.

Hi,

The Ptc release matrix  shows compatibility with both OS.

PD_10219246_0-1675236262412.png

My Question is:

1) If I install it with win 10 pro (64 bit) , will it work with full functionalities?

2) What are the functional differences when installed  in Win server 2019 Vs Win10 pro (64-bit)

please share relevant doc., if possible.

Regards

Premal

Hi @PD_10219246 ,

You should look at the "Server OS" section as that lists the OS where you can install the platform.

The "Client OS" lists the OS from where you can access ThingWorx (by using a browser), not where you can install ThingWorx,

OK. Got it.

Thank you

Top Tags