cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Thingworx License restrictions

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot

Thingworx License restrictions

Hi Folks,

I have Thingworx 9.2 running and wanted to confirm if as per the License are there any restrictions on number of Mashups creation similar to no of users restrictions?

TIA.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:TanmeyTWX)

Hi @TanmeyTWX.

There is no limit on the number of mashups that can be created assuming your licensing allows mashups to be created.  You can refer to Monitoring > Subsystems > Licensing Subsystem Settings in Composer to view counts. 

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Hi,

Hi @VladimirN,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm aware of the user access(feature count) limitations as per license type. But I just want to confirm if there is a restriction on count of Mashups creation as well for a specific license and that I couldn't find in Support page.

I believe there's no such limit on number of Mashups creation for a paid license.

Rocko
17-Peridot

There is no such limit, but questions like this you might want to clarify "officially" with PTC support.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @TanmeyTWX.

There is no limit on the number of mashups that can be created assuming your licensing allows mashups to be created.  You can refer to Monitoring > Subsystems > Licensing Subsystem Settings in Composer to view counts. 

Regards.

--Sharon

Hi @VladimirN @slangley @Rocko 

Please let me know if the same license key can be used in two Thingworx instance?

Scenario: I did configure the license key in Thingworx test server A and now I have another test server B. So Can I use the same key from A into B?

@TanmeyTWX 

There is no such thing as "licence key" in the ThingWorx world, if by key you refer to a sort of code or string.

There is a license file instead, which is specific to your local ThingWorx installation, and, as a result, can not be used or shared across more than a single ThingWorx server.

I suggest reading this Help Center link that contains what options you have for licensing in ThingWorx.

Rocko
17-Peridot

You probably don't have the type of license that can do this, so no. It depends on your license agreement/contract, but often you are entitled to unlimited (on-prem) test instances. That means you would just have to generate a new license for the test instance via support license mgmt https://support.ptc.com/apps/licensePortal/auth/ssl/index with the Device ID given when installing TWX.

TanmeyTWX
17-Peridot
(To:Rocko)

Hi @Rocko 

Where I can find details about 'license agreement/contract' type so as to identify if my existing contract type has unlimited (on-prem) test instances allowed

The only valid location where you can find this information is in the contract you signed with PTC.

There is some addendum there, where it says what you are allowed to do. I explained those clauses a couple of times, so for me they are pretty clear, but I know that first time they are a bit tough to understand (a bit of legalese), so I suggest scheduling a discussion with a PTC representative (Sales or Customer Success Manager) if you need that.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @TanmeyTWX 

ThingWorx licensing allows for as many non-prod instances as needed.  Each instance will have a unique device ID requiring a separate license.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:slangley)

Hi @TanmeyTWX 

A point of clarification.....unlimited non-prod instances only applies to on-premise implementations.  SaaS implementations are limited by the terms of the contract.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags