cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Thingworx Platform Administration

PreetiGupta
14-Alexandrite

Thingworx Platform Administration

We are rolling out Thingworx Navigate app which will be used by pretty larger user base. We need to have some folks to go into Thingworx platform doing very specific tasks like managing users and user groups. 

What is the best practices for such admin group for Thingworx Platform. I do not see any out of the box group where we can be leveraged.

thanks,

Preeti

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I
(To:PreetiGupta)

I would recommend extending your application and create a specific mashup with specific tasks and services to do these tasks. There is a lot of risk and room for error to have users in Composer to do these tasks.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

I would recommend extending your application and create a specific mashup with specific tasks and services to do these tasks. There is a lot of risk and room for error to have users in Composer to do these tasks.

PreetiGupta
14-Alexandrite
(To:PaiChung)

Hi Pai,

Thanks for the pointers. I think there should be out of the box group would be helpful when admins are only dealing with users, user groups and logs etc.

I put together a quick admin mashup

thanks.

PaiChung
22-Sapphire I

Great idea!

You can add as a suggested improvement to the platform.

slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:PaiChung)

Hi @PreetiGupta.

You can post any ideas or suggestions here.  Be sure to check whether the idea may have already been posted by someone else.  If so, you can vote for it to increase it's chances of being adopted for a future release.

Regards.

--Sharon

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @PreetiGupta.

If you feel your question was answered, please mark the appropriate response as the Accepted Solution for the benefit of others with the same question.

Regards.

--Sharon

Top Tags