cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Thingworx Platform "Factory Default" Reset

bmehringer
12-Amethyst

Thingworx Platform "Factory Default" Reset

I am using a dev environment to support new changes for several different Thingworx platforms that I support.  There are times that I have to flush my dev environment and import from the target environment so that my dev environment matches fully.  I then make changes, export changed items, and then import back into the target environment.  When clearing my platform, there are times when I miss something and I don't get the results I want.

Is there a way to have Thingworx re-initialize the persistence database and basically clear it out and set it back to "factory defaults"?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

For Thingworx with Postgres/SQL Server , you can use cleanup scripts from the installation kit under /install directory.

Best regards,

Raluca Edu

Thanks Raluca.

I checked those scripts out and they basically drop the entire database.  My hope was that there was something that would keep the database so that I didn't have to recreate, and then clear out all the persistent data.

Maybe I can create some DB scripts that will clear out any non-system objects and get the desired result.

Top Tags