cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Thingworx REST API GET not displaying things

shariharan
1-Newbie

Thingworx REST API GET not displaying things

Hi,

I'm running Thingworx Composer 8 where I've created a Thing named Device1

When I try to GET using Postman, it doesn't display the Things I created.

Result:

Please let me know if I'm missing something here. I'm planning to write a script to simulate data transmission from a physical device on-to Device1. And for this, I need the REST API to work.

Thanks in advance,

Ram

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rnayak-2
5-Regular Member
(To:shariharan)

Can you add the Organization to which the AppKey user belongs and rerun the service ? I think starting TWX 8 the default visibility behavior has changed...

If that doesnt solve the problem, when you are logged into composer open another tab and try doing a REST call to this Thing.. like http://<server>:<port>/Thingworx/Things/Device1 and see if it shows up with result ?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
rnayak-2
5-Regular Member

Check the visibility setting on your Thing. The AppKey you created (with a User reference) may not have permission so view it..

Hi Raghu,

The Visibility setting is empty on the Thing.

I didn't make any changes. I also created appKeys for Administrator, Superuser and System. It's the same result when I use either of the three appKeys. I tried adding 'Everyone' in the organization and giving them visibility explicitly, but it's the same result. I don't see the Things I created.

rnayak-2
5-Regular Member

Can you add the Organization to which the AppKey user belongs and rerun the service ? I think starting TWX 8 the default visibility behavior has changed...

If that doesnt solve the problem, when you are logged into composer open another tab and try doing a REST call to this Thing.. like http://<server>:<port>/Thingworx/Things/Device1 and see if it shows up with result ?

Thank you Raghu. I did that earlier, but I don't know why it didn't work. I did what you asked me to, and it works! And to answer your question, when I just called the URL on a new tab, I could see the Things.

Thanks and ton.

Top Tags