cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Thingworx: Tomcat Related Issue

mdeshpande-2
7-Bedrock

Thingworx: Tomcat Related Issue

Hello,

I am facing an issue with the tomcat server on which thingworx is deployed. My thingworx instance is handling large amount of data.

Sometimes, my tomcat crashes and I get an error related to java heap space. I lose all the thingworx related data.

I would appreciate any help regarding,What is the issue? Why is it occurring? and how to fix it?

I have attached a snapshot from tomcat logs containing the error, for reference.

Thanks  & Regards,

Madhumita Deshpande

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

3 REPLIES 3

Madhumita Deshpande

There might be a memory allocation issue. Please take a look to this article and tell us if it helps: https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS227284&posno=1&q=%22Java%20heap%20space%22&source=search

Madhumita, could you please share you full tomcat log and along with that can you also check if you have nothing defined in the initial memory pool and the Maximum memory pool:

Are you defining max memory for tomcat jvm?

Hello,

Thanks for the help.

I followed the steps in the article. Also, memory pool values were set previously,so I cleared them out. Now Thingworx is working fine.

Thanks & Regards,

Madhumita

Top Tags