cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Thingworx URL 404 Error

TomV
7-Bedrock

Thingworx URL 404 Error

In our application we changed the design which resulted in a new master mashup and some new mashup names.

Some users apparently have old urls stored in their favorites or use the autocomplete from the browsers URL instead of logging in via the formlogin page.

Doing so they receive an error

Could not load "<oldmaster>". Reason: 404 - Entity Not Found : <oldmaster>

Is there any way to redirect them to the login page or do something that makes more sense to the user (like showing a error message they understand)?

I've found a _rewrite.config in the root webapp (I suppose thingworx put it there and I just need to remove the underscore to have tomcat pick it up), so maybe I need to go down that route?

I would prefer something with standard ThingWorx functionality if possible.

1 REPLY 1
zyuan1
18-Opal
(To:TomV)

If have no clue if your solution could work, but since the end users side kept some useless Rest command and can reach nothing, you would always meet the 404 error.

So , you may create a Oldmaster entity in TWX server side (with a mashup inside this master of course), and put a Navigation widget to load your FormLogin page upon mashup-loaded event. Could help, but haven't tested it.

Top Tags