cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Thingworx admin: Set permissions

hujingrui
12-Amethyst

Thingworx admin: Set permissions

Hi,  I am set as an admin for Thingworx composer that my school has bought. I have a few urgent questions.

I would have configured a few users to a group so that they cannot see each other's work(Things/Shapes/template....).

1. However, in the new composer, under analytics manager and builder, the users are able to see and edit other user's work (model, signal, data, etc...). Is there a way to configure this as I do not want them to edit or view(optional).

2. In the group I created, is there a way to set permissions to a few users(teachers) so that they can view the students work as I do not want too many admins?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
posipova
20-Turquoise
(To:cmorfin)

For the second question, you have to put those several users into a separate organization. Then you can assign separate visibility permissions for them.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
cmorfin
19-Tanzanite
(To:hujingrui)

Hi @hujingrui 

As far as ThingWorx Analytics is concerned, it is the intended functionality that everyone see all data that have been created in the server.

This is documented at https://support.ptc.com/help/thingworx_hc/thingworx_analytics_8/#page/analytics%2Fsecurity_considerations.html 

Kind rgeards

Christophe

hujingrui
12-Amethyst

As for the second question, is there a solution to it?
posipova
20-Turquoise

For the second question, you have to put those several users into a separate organization. Then you can assign separate visibility permissions for them.

Top Tags