cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Thingworx foundation installation halted on ubuntu after that unable to install thingworx.

cgoma
12-Amethyst

Thingworx foundation installation halted on ubuntu after that unable to install thingworx.

I was trying to install "ThingWorxH2Trial-8.4.0-SNAPSHOT-linux-x64-installer.run" on ubuntu desktop. But some the installation got stucked at certain stage so I need to stop the installation in between. So because of this the installation file did not get created in installation path. But when I am tring to install the "ThingWorxH2Trial-8.4.0-SNAPSHOT-linux-x64-installer.run" again, I am getting error as please unistall the previous installation first.

Is there any way I can install the thingworx again on my ubuntu desktop.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
slangley
23-Emerald II
(To:cgoma)

Hi @cgoma.

We apologize for this issue.  Unfortunately, stopping the installation in the middle does prevent the uninstaller from being created as you discovered, and as a result there are files that do not get cleaned up appropriately.  To work around this, you would need to install on a different machine or reinstall the O/S on the current machine.

Please be sure to validate the system requirements before running the installer again to improve your chances of a successful completion.  You can find this information along with the installation instructions here.

We are working on some improvements to the trials in the next release of the product to hopefully avoid these types of issues.

Regards.

--Sharon

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @cgoma.

We apologize for this issue.  Unfortunately, stopping the installation in the middle does prevent the uninstaller from being created as you discovered, and as a result there are files that do not get cleaned up appropriately.  To work around this, you would need to install on a different machine or reinstall the O/S on the current machine.

Please be sure to validate the system requirements before running the installer again to improve your chances of a successful completion.  You can find this information along with the installation instructions here.

We are working on some improvements to the trials in the next release of the product to hopefully avoid these types of issues.

Regards.

--Sharon

cgoma
12-Amethyst
(To:slangley)

@slangley Thanks for the reply. Re-installing OS is not ideal solution for me.

Please let me know if is it possible that I can use uninstaller on created fro different machine for my machine.

or is there any way I can do manually all the process which uninstaller is supposed to do.

slangley
23-Emerald II

Hi @cgoma.

It isn't likely that an uninstaller created on a different machine will work. I have tried this in the past with no success.

At this time, we do not have procedures we can provide that would allow you to manually remove the artifacts.  As stated in my previous response, we are working to address some of these issues in a future release.  At this time, the only options we can offer are to install on a different machine or reinstall the o/s on the machine you are currently using.

We apologize for the issue you are experiencing.

Regards.

Top Tags